8 AM sharp

I unlock the door and walk inside the house. "Mommy, I'm home"

"Heyyyy love bug" my mom greets. "How was your day at school"

"It was actually not bad...until my car broke down"
" I had to leave it at the school" I add.

"Aww , I hate to hear that."

"Yeah." I say dryly hoping to avoid telling her that a boy took me home. Especially one that she didn't know.

Me and my mom don't exactly have a good relationship in the trust department after what happened last year.

I came home at 10pm with a hickey on my neck....but to be fair This was in my unsaved Era okay.

I'm a new creation.

And relax I didn't do IT either.
But that's a story for another time.

"So how did you get home? You didn't walk all the way here did you?" She said in a questioning tone.

At first I want to lie and say I walked, just to avoid what might be coming next, But I told God and myself that I was going to try and work on my lying.

"A friend took me home" I say leaving out Major details.

I mean it's not lying if I Don't give all of the details right?

"A friend? And was this friend a boy?" She asks.

"Yes he is. But I promise we're just friends and he saw me walking from school and offered a ride."

"That was all." I say, Hoping that this doesn't become a big deal.

"Okay what is his name? I hope he is the gentleman that he sounds like"

"His name Zyan." Before she can ask Another question i rebuttal.

"But mommy I need to go call the tow truck so that they can bring my car home. I'll figure out how to get to school for the rest of the week" I say as I start walking to my room.

"Okay well, just please let me know when you are in other people's car please." She says in a worried yet serious tone.

"Yesssss" I reply trailing off.

That went better than expected.

Location: Trinity's Room 📍

I get into my room and immediately pray for making it home safely and for the food I'm about to eat all at once

"Lord Thankyou for keeping me safe today, please forgive me for any sins known and unknown. And Lord, I ask that you make this food nourishment......somehow. In Jesus name amen."