Prodigal daughter (Trinity)

prod·i·gal
/ˈprädəɡ(ə)l/
noun

a person who leaves home and behaves recklessly, but later makes a repentant return.
noun: prodigal son

"Wow" I say as me and Nayna walk in

She doesn't seem as interested in this place as me like this is normal for her.

This place is huge. I've never been inside of a mansion before.

There's three floors full of high school kids dancing and drinking.

This place screams rich. I don't belong here at all.

As I'm looking around I see a guy checking me out.

I immediately fold my arms remembering the very short exposing dress that I'm wearing.

I'm starting to feel convicted a little. But I try not to think about it.

"Hey I'm gonna go get us something to drink" Nayna says while already dancing.

"Okay I'll look around" I say.

She disappears in the crowd.

Great now I'm alone.

Theres music blasting it smells like Marijuana mixed with alcohol and sweat. I've never smelled this combination before.

I look around see a bunch of people from school dancing.

But the way everyone is dancing, it's like they are in a trance.

Be confident Trinity, you look good and you can do this.

I decide to walk around and try to become familiar with the place. Also to people watch. I don't know it's just something that I do.

As I'm exploring the place I stumble on a empty hall way. Before I keep walking I notice that art work in the wall.

Of course me loving art I stop and admire it.

Picture description: "The prodigal son"

This saying sounds familiar.

As I'm contemplate on the painting I hear  footsteps and arguing.

Oh no.

Immediately  I hide behind a plant.

"Bro we need to have this party cleaned up before uncle gets home!" Says a familiar voice.

"Zyan it will be fine! everyone will be gone long before then! My dad won't know" says a female voice.

Zyan?

"Not if yall keep letting more people in! People are never gonna leave" he says frustrated.

Wait wait wait. This is Zyans uncles house? The one he said he lived with?

So this is Zyan and his cousins party ?

Oh no. He can't see me here. Especially in what I'm wearing.

This is not good. I have to find Nayna so we can leave.

As I turn around to escape from behind the plant I hit something hard.

"Ouch!" Says a familiar voice.

Me, the person, and the plant all hit the ground.

Ouch.

I realize that I bumped into Zyans other cousin who I'm guessing was trying to find them.

She has a slow reaction from what I can tell because she's drunk.

Zyan and his cousin come down the hallway wondering what happened.

I want to run but I can't just leave her here after bumping into her so I help her up.

"I'm so sorry i didn't see you" I say.

"Girl trinity is that you?" She says slurred. "You look goooood" she says with a drunken grin.

" Thankyou" I whisper.

"What's going on?" Zyans cousin says

Zyan sees me and is completely silent.

His mouth drops open. But no words. Almost drooling at this point.

His cousin hits him, trying to help him speak.

He clears his throat.

"Trinity what are you doing here? You don't even party. " he says in a disappointed tone.

Here it goes.

"I do Tonight Zyan." I try to say proudly knowing im still not comfortable.

"You need a ride home? Who did you come with? And why are you wearing that?" He says now in an annoyed tone.

"It's none of your business, and I'm a new Woman tonight." I say and fold my arms to let him know I mean business.

His cousin gives me the "you go girl!" look while Zyan stands there with mixed emotions.

I turn around and walk back to the party before there can be any rebuttal.

I push through the crowd to find Nayna.

It makes me so upset when he does that.

He's always telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing because I'm a Christian , Meanwhile he doesn't sacrifice as much as I do for my faith.

That's it I'm going all out tonight , I don't care anymore.

I return to the party and find Nayna out by the pool with our drinks

"Heyyy there you are, you dis-" I cut her off grabbing the cup out of her hand

Never had alcohol before but I will tonight.

I start to drink the nasty liquid.

"Hey! Slow Down!" Nayna says grabbing my cup.

Great someone else trying to tell me what to do.

"Listen I just want to have a good time tonight" I say annoyed.

She looks at me with a worried face.

"Is everything okay?" She says.

Not wanting to talk about it I brush it off.

"Yeah let's just enjoy the party" I smile.

I was so blind by all of my emotions that I was starting to lose my morals.

We started to dance the night away.