-3-

-Wes-

I wake up feeling back to normal. Which I'm super grateful for. I was honestly scared I'd have dreams, or should I say nightmares, about... him.

It's pretty early in the morning, only seven, but I need to go get my car. I don't really have any money for an Uber, and I don't want to ask Mom to take me. She'll be asking questions on why I left it.

I get dressed in a dark green t-shirt and jeans, pulling a black jacket on. I slide some shoes on before sneaking past the couch with my sleeping mom on it. I wonder when she got off. She must've crashed as soon as she got here, considering she's still in her scrubs. I'm glad she didn't notice I was home. My 'staying with Alyx' lie that I told her would've fell through.

I start walking in the same direction as I drove yesterday. I'm glad he doesn't really live that far. It's probably going to take me at least thirty minutes to get there on foot, though.

When I finally see the apartments in the distance, I let a sigh out. I feel like I'm about to freeze to death. It's so cold I can see every breath that comes out of my mouth.

I slowly approach my car and glance to the apartment I was in last night. The door suddenly opens, so I quickly look away and hurry to my car. Shit. Don't notice me.

"Hey!" I freeze in my spot, knowing he's looking at me. I hear footsteps quickly coming closer. I take a deep breath before turning around. "Wes, hey."

"Hi," I say, avoiding eye contact. I just wanted to get into my car and go. It's fucking freezing, and I don't feel like standing here talking to him.

"Did you walk here?"

"Yeah," I say with a shrug.

"Do you want to come inside for a minute and warm u-"

"No," I immediately answer.

He furrows his brows at my answer. "My place is really warm, and I have some coffee made."

"I don't like coffee."

"I... I have some hot chocolate, too. I can make you some."

"Why are you inviting me in?" I ask, glaring at him. Now that I'm looking at him, I see he's dressed in loose black joggers and a white shirt with a light brown jacket pulled on that looks really soft. How does he still look good at seven in the morning? He looks like he's tired, though. In his eyes anyway. With the way they aren't fully open yet. "I told you I wasn't like you."

His lips form a tight line, and his own eyes narrow more than they already were. "You don't have to say it like it's a bad thing."

I part my lips and widen my eyes, realizing how I sounded. "I didn't- I didn't mean it like that. I, uh, I have to go."

"Wait," he says, grabbing my wrist. I drop my eyes down to his hand touching me. It's really warm. And he's gripping pretty firmly but not tight enough where it hurts. I snap my eyes back up to his and jerk my wrist out of his grasp.

"Sorry, uh, I- Sorry." I hurry and get in my car, instantly cranking it and taking off.

Why was he trying to invite me in? Was he going to try and do something to me once we were alone? I don't want to be alone with him. I didn't even like being out here on the public sidewalk with him. I don't want to be anywhere with him. I glance down at my wrist. Why did he have to touch me again?

I let a huff out and drive back home. Since it's only a Tuesday and New Year's Day, I stay home and play my game. I was hoping Alyx would get online, but he doesn't. He's probably with Amaya today anyway. I think they were staying together at one of their houses. Alyx is pretty lucky honestly. His mom's a deputy for our police department, and she's always at work. Day or night. My mom only ever works the day shift at the hospital. It's rare she works nights like last night, but holidays can affect her schedule. I guess it's nice she's home every night. I can't say the same for Dad.