-17-

*A little bit of mature talk

-Wes-

We've been boyfriends for a whole twenty-five minutes now. After our hug, he suggested a series he thought we could watch together for whenever I come over. When the first episode ended, I could already tell Ryland is probably going to watch this without me. It's really good so far.

"You promise not to watch this without me, right?"

I can tell he's chewing on the inside of his cheek. "You better come over every day then."

"I have school."

"Not in the evenings."

"Don't you think it's going to be suspicious with me wanting to come over here every day?"

"Lie sometimes and say you're hanging with Alyx."

"I can't use him as a lie." He gives me a look that's asking why. "Our moms talk."

"Ahh. Yeah, you definitely don't want to get caught up in that lie. It really will look suspicious." His eyes suddenly drop from mine, and he looks like he's in thought. "Uh, question."

"What is it?"

"So, I really am the only guy you've felt something for?"

I slowly nod. "Yeah."

"So, you've never felt attracted to Alyx before?"

The question makes me repel away from him some in disgust. "Ew, no. That's like asking if my brother's cute."

"Okay. I was just wondering."

"Why? Have you?" He met Alyx a few times before me. And he mentioned him being good looking before. Was he attracted to him first? I can feel my heart start racing as the nerves settle in. Am I his second choice because Alyx is taken by his best friend?

His eyes narrow slightly. "I mean, it would be a lie if I said I didn't think he was attractive. I may have also asked him if he was straight one time. I also made some comments about not getting a chance with him when I found out him and Maya were together, but that was really just to tease her. I knew Maya had a thing for him since the first day I met him, so I never seriously wanted him or anything. I just... I can be a flirty person sometimes. But not when I'm in a relationship," he quickly adds. "So you don't have to worry about me being unfaithful. Hell, I've only been flirting with you the past couple of weeks."

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean, I can't be mad at him because I didn't even know him yet. And Alyx is a good looking guy. I also know how much of a flirt Ryland is. I've experienced that first hand. I'm not really sure why I trust him so easily. I guess since he's been so fixated on me, I haven't really worried about him talking to someone else.

"Sorry you had to settle for me."

His brows furrow so fast like I offended him. "What?"

"Alyx is the better looking friend, right? But he was taken, so you-"

"No. And no."

"Huh?"

"No offense to Alyx, but you are so much better looking. Didn't I tell you that before? That he may be attractive, but you're the prettiest person I have ever seen." He suddenly takes my face into his hands, pulling me closer to him. I widen in my eyes in shock with how close we suddenly are. His gaze trails all over my face, making me gulp. I don't like him looking at me this close. What if he does find something unattractive about me? "I didn't settle at all. Trust me."

His words make my heart feel like it's exploding. "O-Okay."

"Please don't doubt me again. I mean what I say."