-10-

*Mature Content (Just going to put this here...)

-Wes-

A knock on the door makes me jump. "Wes? Are you okay?" Ryland asks.

"I-I'm fine. I'll be out in a second." I look up at myself in the mirror. I don't think my face has ever looked this red.

"I'm sorry for bringing that up. It sounds worse than it is, though. I promise I will do my best to make it feel good, but I can't say it won't hurt a little bit."

"Can you just stop?" God, how could he just say such vulgar things like that? I know he's used to this type of stuff, but I'm not. I don't know how he can stay so calm when I'm dying of embarrassment.

"Do you want me to leave?" he asks in a lower voice.

Yes. "No. I just need a minute."

"Okay. Again, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"It's fine. Just... go. Set us up for another game."

"Okay."

I hear his footsteps walking away, and I let a sigh out. I glance back at my reflection and flush harder. I don't know how I'm supposed to go out there and act normal with him now. Why did I think kissing was a good idea? I knew I'd regret it. Not because we kissed, but because of this humiliating feeling right now. He was just saying how he thinks it's not going to be hard to convert me. He probably thinks I'm going to be super easy with the way I acted. Why the hell did I climb on top of him? Why did I use my tongue? Why did I enjoy being basically manhandled by him? God!

I squat down and bury my face in my knees, letting a small groan out. My body feels so weird. I still feel hot, and that tingly feeling in my stomach won't go away. I take a deep breath and stand back up. I turn the faucet on and cup some of the cold water in my hand before splashing it in my face. That feels better.

When I finally feel normal again, I mentally prepare myself for the awkwardness. I unlock the door and pull it open. I walk as slow as possible back to my room. The door is open, and I see Ryland sitting up straight at the foot of my bed.

He stands when he hears me. "Hey."

I can't help but drop my eyes. "Hey."

"I got us ready," he says. I turn my eyes back up to see the game on the set up screen.

"Okay."

The next game of zombies was silent. Besides a few words here and there to warn each other about a zombie or if we went down. Mom got home soon after with the pizza, so we joined her in the kitchen to eat. And of course Mom tried to make small talk.

"So, do you got to school with Wesley?" she asks Ryland.

"No. I was homeschooled and graduated the year before last."

"Oh. So, you're twenty?"

"Nineteen for three more months."

"You're an April baby?"

He gives her his charming, little smile. "Yes, Ma'am."

"Wesley's birthday is coming up near the end of March. My baby's going to be an adult." I roll my eyes. She looks at me with a curious look on her face. "What are you wanting to do for your birthday?"

"I don't know yet. It's still two months away."

"I know, but it's your eighteenth. I figured you'd have something planned."

I shrug. "I'll probably just hang out with Alyx." If he's ungrounded by then.

"Are you friends with Alyx, too?" she asks Ryland.