-41-

-Wes-

The next morning was still awkward as fuck with Alyx being around, but he didn't stay long. He said he had to get back home before his mom found out he snuck out while she was away. It's going to suck with him going back to being grounded. But at least I don't have to hide anything from him anymore.

Ryland was still overly caring the rest of spring break. Constantly checking on me and making sure I'm alright. I can tell he still feels bad about the whole thing, but he really does need to get over it. I'm fine. In fact, I'm kind of happy it got out. I still had to keep the marks on my neck hidden from Mom, which wasn't too hard, considering I wasn't home much during the break. They've faded by now, so they're barely noticeable.

When Monday comes, Ryland is even more concerned. Understandable, though. He texts me a bunch, making sure no one has bothered me as the day progresses. The word of me being gay did meet some people's ears, but no one seemed to care. Nobody has said anything to me at least. So far. I mean, it's not like it's a big deal. I'm not even the only gay person in school. It did reach a certain someone, though. As expected.

"I fucking knew it. Your lying ass was so obvious," Emma says when I get into class. Our project is over, so why she's still sitting near me is beyond me.

"Just going to believe any rumor you hear?" I ask, taking a seat at my desk.

"Is it just a rumor?" she asks, lifting a brow.

I hesitate but come out with it. "No."

"Ha! Again, I knew it!"

"Congratulations," I mutter under my breath.

"It's definitely with Ryland, right?" I give her a curt nod. "Yes!"

"Why are you so excited? You're acting like you're the president of a fan club for us."

"I am. Since day one."

I roll my eyes. "You're weird."

"Only a little bit. It's not like I want to watch you two make out. Unless..." I give her a look of disbelief. "Kidding! I'm kidding." For some reason, I doubt she fully is. "So you're the bottom, right?"

I let a groan out. "Will you stop now?"

"I just want to know if I was right about that, too."

"I'm not telling you."

"That gives it away."

"How?"

"Tops aren't shy to admit they're tops. So once again, I was right."

I let a huff out. "Congratulations," I repeat.

"I'm a genius, I swear."

"Whatever makes you sleep better at night."

"Hey!"

I shake my head and crack a smile. The bell rings before she can say anything else. Maybe Ryland's right. It wouldn't hurt too bad being friends with her. Maybe. I do feel like I'm going to get a lot of headaches because of her.

~

I've been 'out' for two weeks. Well, to everyone but my family. At least I think so. I doubt Ryland has told his friends, considering he hasn't asked me if he could and I know he would before doing it. I don't care if he does. It's not like they don't already know anyway. I guess we really are obvious.