-12-

Long chapter ~ Hope you enjoy!!

-Wes-

When Alyx pulls down my street, I can see my dad's car parked outside. I guess he's back.

"I'll see you later," I mumble to Alyx after he pulls into my driveway. I climb out and walk to the front door stepping inside. I find both Mom and Dad in the kitchen talking to each other.

"Wesley," Dad says, coming closer to me. His dark hair looks like it's gotten grayer over the past two weeks. It wouldn't surprise me with how much he works. I can tell he's exhausted with the bags under his eyes.

"Hey, Dad."

"How have you been?"

"I'm good."

"Your mom told me you and Claire split." Ugh... Of course she did.

"Yeah..." I trail off. Conversations are always awkward with my dad. It's like I'm always just catching him up with what has happened. We never just live in the moment.

"Well, that's sad to hear. She was a good girl." I chew on the inside of my cheek to avoid scoffing.

"He's partnered up with a pretty girl for a class project," Mom says. "She was here over the weekend."

"Mom, Emma is just my partner. It's not like that," I tell her.

"Okay, okay. By the way, why was your car here when I got home?"

"I got a ride today."

"With Alyx?" I go to answer 'yes', but she cuts me off before I can. "Or Ryland?"

"Who's Ryland?" Dad asks, making me mentally sigh.

"He's a new friend Wesley made. He was over this weekend, too. He's such a gentleman. He helped Wesley with a flat tire."

"Well, that was nice of him," Dad responds.

I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes at their praise for him. I bet they wouldn't think he's such a great guy if they knew what he's doing with their son. God, I don't think I could ever tell them. They've never showed homophobic tendencies either, but I'm not telling them shit. I mean, they're my parents. They could disown me if they wanted to. I'm not really close with Dad, but I love my mom. It'd kill me if she hated me for it.

My father looks at me. "I'll get you a new tire before I have to leave out again. You shouldn't ride on a spare for long."

"Okay. Thanks," I mumble.

"I'm going to go wash up, honey," he tells Mom and kisses her on the cheek.

"Alright. I'm starting dinner soon." He nods before leaving us alone in the kitchen. "You want to go wash up, too?" Mom asks me.

I nod and disappear to my room. Instead of showering, I just strip out of my school clothes and put on some comfortable ones. I lay down and tap on my phone to get the screen to light up. I see a text from Ryland sent two minutes ago.

'Hey. Did you make it home?'

I halfway feel like ignoring him, but I'm also a little bored. Fuck it.

'I did.'

'That's good. Did you have a good day?'

'I did.'

'Did you work with Emma again?' Though it's a simple question, his jealously is evident.

'I did.' I repeat for the third time. Before he starts to think I'm a dry texter, I send another message. 'How was your day?'