Chapter 2: Robbing the Bank

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

20 YEARS LATER

St. Martin, Caribbean

"How did I let you talk me into this?" (Y/n) complained.

Jack had pitched (Y/n) a plan to rob a bank and steal all the money in the safe. Unfortunately, when they cracked the safe and stepped inside, Jack forgot to prop the door open, and now they were locked in.

"Because I'm a devilishly charming man, and you love me." Jack replied.

He couldn't see her because it was so dark, but he could just tell she was rolling her eyes at him.

"Well what are we supposed to do now? We're stuck in here."

Jack felt around in the dark until he found her, and placed his hands on her hips. "I have a few ideas." He whispered, kissing her jaw.

(Y/n) lightly scoffed. "Really? Is that all you can think about right now?"

"Darling, I'm with a beautiful woman in the dark surrounded by money. I've been dreaming of this day for years." Jack replied, moving down to her neck. "The only thing that would make this better is if we had run." He mumbled.

(Y/n) reached into her coat and pulled out a full bottle and shook it, the liquid sloshing around.

Jack groaned in delight and pressed a hard, passionate kiss on her lips. "Mm, I knew I married you for a reason." He whispered, taking the bottle and slowly pulling (Y/n) down onto the floor of the vault.

...

"Carina Smyth, you are an orphan born of the devil accused of practicing witchcraft." An old priest said.

He was standing in the hall of a prison talking to someone locked inside a cell.

"Before you die, do you have anything to confess?"

The person he was talking to was a woman with long black hair, and blue eyes, wearing a blue dress.

"I confess that I am not a witch, that I am a woman of science. I confess that I have survived on my own with nothing but a diary from a father I never knew and a quest for the truth of who I am."

While the woman was talking, her cuffed hands were by the lock on her cell door, trying to pick it.

"I confess that I will die before I give up the search. And I confess...that while we've been talking, I picked this lock."

Carina shoved the cell door open and knocked the priest to the ground, as she escaped and ran out of the prison.

...

Meanwhile, outside in the town, a large crowd stood in front of a building, clapping and cheering.

"Today, we dedicate the Royal Bank of Saint Martin." The Mayor announced. "The most secure banking institution in the Caribbean."

Two soldiers opened the front double doors to the bank and inside stood a vault.

"Our new vault is five inches thick and weighs an imperial ton. With this bank, the town of Saint Martin enters the modern world. No man, nor an army can ever rob the gold from Saint Martin. Open the vault!"