Chapter 6: She Floats!

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

The crew busied themselves on deck, pushing the ladders away from the boat and preparing to try and set sail, while Callie and Ronan were busy tying Henry and Carina to a mast.

Gibbs approached Jack nervously. "Captain, do you really think we can find the Trident?"

"Master Gibbs, you old worrywart, there's nothing to be concerned about at all. What could go wrong, eh?"

Gibbs raised a brow at Jack.

...

"So this was your plan. To have me tortured and killed by pirates." Carina snapped at Ronan.

He shrugged. "You said you needed a ship."

She scoffed. "You call this a ship?"

On the other side of the mast, Henry was narrowing his eyes at Callie.

"I thought I could trust you." He told her.

She finished tying the knot in his ropes and looked up at him. "I'm a pirate. You can never trust me."

"The why don't you just kill me? You need Carina, not me." He challenged.

Callie opened her mouth to respond, but closed it when she didn't have an answer. Henry raised a brow waiting for her to speak, but she just huffed and walked away from him.

...

(Y/n) glanced at Henry and Carina tied to the mast and walked over to Jack. "Do we really have to tie them up, Jack?"

"Of course love. We can't trust them."

"Henry is my best friend's son Jack, how could you not trust him?" (Y/n) argued.

"He's a Turner. If that isn't reason enough, I don't know what is." Jack retorted. "Cut the shard!" He ordered.

Ronan pulled out his sword and cut a rope by Carina's head that made her flinch and glare at him. Ronan just re-sheathed his sword and winked at her.

"Prepare to drown!" Gibbs yelled.

The crew knocked over the pegs that were holding the ship up, and it slowly started to roll backwards on the wooden track that lead to the sea.

"Me dear beloved crew, finally, today is..."

Jack was cut off when a rope behind the ship stopped it to a halt, jerking the ship, and sending the crew to the floor.

Luckily, (Y/n), Ronan and Callie were holding onto ropes and didn't fall. The crew stood back up and Jack looked around.

"Something's gone wrong." He muttered.

Suddenly, the rope holding the ship back broke, sending the crew to the floor again, as the ship continued down the wooden track and into the water.

"She floats!" Marty announced, and the crew cheered.

...