Chapter 5: Rescue Mission

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

The next morning, Jack and (Y/n) were being dragged through the halls of the prison on their way to be executed.

In one cell, a man was singing with his back to the door, and when Jack saw him, he asked the soldiers to stop.

"Wait, stop. Dad?" Jack asked.

The man turned around, but it wasn't Jack's father. Although, he did have dreadlocks, and a beard as well as a large hat with feathers in it. Even though he wasn't Jack's father, Jack still recognized the man.

"Uncle Jack!" He exclaimed.

"Jackie boy!" His Uncle greeted. "How's it going?"

Jack shrugged. "Can't complain really. You?"

"I've been waiting all morning in here for a beating. But the service is terrible." He replied.

(Y/n) cleared her throat, and Jack looked over at her.

"Oh, right! Uncle Jack, this is (Y/n). She's me wife." Jack bragged.

(Y/n) awkwardly waved. "Hello. Nice to meet you."

Uncle Jack's brows shot up. "Well, I'd never thought I'd see the day where you settled down, Jackie boy. And with such a beauty too. You really caught a good one, didn't ya?"

Uncle Jack then waved them over to him, and the soldiers dragged them closer to the cell.

"The oceans have turned to blood. Best to stay on dry land where it's safe." He advised them.

Jack furrowed his brows in confusion. "We're about to be executed on dry land."

Uncle Jack nodded. "Good point. Did I ever tell you the one about the skeleton?"

Jack smiled awkwardly. "Yes you have. Many times, in fact."

"A skeleton walks into a bar, orders a beer and a mop." He joked.

"Funny as ever." Jack said.

The soldiers decided that that was enough time and started pulling them both away again.

"Oh, if they disembowel you, ask for Victor. He's got the softest hands." He called to them.

"Thank you!" Jack yelled back.

"And mansion my name. They won't cut your feet off." He added.

"Will do!" (Y/n) told him.

...

Almost the whole town gathered outside in the square to witness the executions. They were shouting and cursing at the two carriages that were rolling into the square. One was filled with pirates, and the other was full of people who were accused of being witches.

Carina was on that particular carriage, until a solider grabbed her arms and started leading her out.

The back of the second carriage opened and two soldiers pulled Jack and (Y/n) out of it.