Chapter 13: All Must Divide

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Carina, Barbossa, Jack, Ronan, Callie and Henry all rushed along the island to the spot where the missing star was.

When they arrived, Carina ran her hands over the red jewel. "Why isn't it glowing?"

Barbossa held out the ruby from the diary. "Finish it Carina."

She took the ruby from his hand and looked down at it. "The missing star. For my Father."

Barbossa nodded. "Aye. Do it for him."

Callie stepped closer to Henry and anxiously grabbed his hand. Henry didn't object and squeezed her hand tightly, letting her know that it was going to be okay.

Ronan came up beside Carina and discreetly took her hand in his, for reassurance. She looked up at him and smiled, before turning back to the star and placing the jewel inside.

Once she did, the star began to glow, along with three other similar red stars. The four stars connected by glowing lines to form a shape similar to a Trident.

Behind them, the ground started to shake and rumbled as a straight line appeared in the water, seemingly splitting the ocean apart. The crack continued onto the island, and Jack, Callie, Henry, Ronan and Carina fell down the chasm, sliding along the wall.

The five landed on the sand below with a thud. Ronan stood up first and extended his hand to Carina and helped her up, while Henry placed a hand on Callie's arm and helped her steady herself as she stood.

"Poseidon's tomb." Jack muttered, picking up Carina's diary, and looking around at the two walls of water, coral reefs and sunken ships.

"Come on, this way." Carina urged, and everyone followed her.

They ran along the ocean floor, jumping over corals and rocks, until they paused in their tracks. There, a few feet in front of them, on a rocky platform, stood the Trident of Poseidon. It was a two pronged Trident with a bright yellow gem in the middle of it, with three strands of coral spiraling around it.

"Look, there it is!" Carina pointed.

"The Trident." Callie whispered.

"Jack!" A voice yelled.

They all quickly turned around and saw (Y/n) running towards them all, holding a sword.

"Sweetness!" Jack exclaimed, smiling widely, with open arms.

But something was very wrong. Instead of his wife running towards him to embrace him, she looked like she was ready to kill him. She leaped forward and went to stab her sword into Jack who was pulled out of the way by Callie and Ronan.

"Mum, what are doing?!" Callie yelled.

But (Y/n) wasn't listening. She swung at Jack over and over who dodged each of her strikes.

"(Y/n), love, what are you doing?! It's me, Jack, you're charming husband!" He shouted to her.

Callie and Ronan shared a look and drew their swords. They jumped in front of Jack and fought off their mother's attacks, while trying not to hurt her at the same time.