Chapter 8: Jack the Sparrow

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Jack and (Y/n) emerged from below deck just as the sun started to peek over the horizon. As soon as they stepped on deck, they were approached by their children.

"Mom, dad, Ronan and I have been talking, and we realized you never told us how you met this Captain Salazar." Callie pointed out.

(Y/n) and Jack looked to each other hesitantly.

"It's not exactly a fun story, my love." Jack replied.

"Well we figured it would be best to know what kind of person we're up against." Ronan added.

(Y/n) and Jack looked at each other again. "I think it's probably time we tell them, Jack. They should know what we're dealing with."

Jack still looked hesitant, but he nodded. "You're right, darling. I'll tell them."

He looked to his children and took a deep breath. "Captain Salazar, also known as the Butcher of the Sea. A man who scourged the sea, hunted and killed thousands of men. And not just any men. Pirates."

...

"Pirates had been sailing the seas for generations, raiding, pillaging, plundering and pilfering their weaselly black guts out."

Smoke engulfed the several ships that were sinking into the sea. Flames engulfing the sails and the flags of pirates.

"Of course, not a lot of people likes pirates, and tried to strike us down. Can't imagine why."

One ship stood tall and proud in the water. The ship that has sunk all of these ships.

"But of all the ships and fleets that tried to take us down, none were as ruthless as Captain Salazar."

A young Captain Salazar stood at by the wheel of his ship, watching the pirate ships sink, and the crew members jumping into the water. He was a tall man, with long black hair pulled back into a ponytail and side burns. He was wearing a white uniform with several medals pinned on the coat.

"He vowed to end the plague of pirates once and for all. And he nearly did. He destroyed dozens of ships. The last ones joined together to try and defeat him. But we soon realized it was hopeless."

The giant Spanish ship seemed to plow right through the pirate ships. Cannons firing left and right, cracking straight through the wood, and sending pirates into sea below.

"It seemed that nothing could stop the Silent Mary."

One ship sailed ahead, lead by a pirate Captain with dark skin and a long beard. Cannonballs pegged the ship, causing a small explosion, and the Captain flew back and landed harshly on the ground, a compass clutched in his hand.

A young pirate boy came up beside the Captain and knelt by him. The Captain weakly groaned and held up the compass to him.

"It's up to you now, Jack. This compass points towards what you want most. Never betray it." The Captain wheezed, before his eyes slowly closed.