Chapter 11: Secret's Out

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Next thing they knew, Jack and (Y/n) were being tied to a mast together by Barbossa's crew.

"The only safe place is the land. Why are we going away from the land? Anyone?" Jack asked.

...

Barbossa stood at the wheel of the ship looking over his maps when Carina intervened.

"Captain, your maps are not complete. I can take us to the Trident if only you'd trust me. Did you not hear anything I just said?" She called to him, as she, Ronan, Callie, and Henry were tied up to an arch right behind Barbossa.

"So you be saying that that star is pretending to be a map?" Barbossa asked, not believing her.

"Sir, there be no island on any map that supports what the woman says." Murtogg said.

"Captain, you don't have to understand her. Just believe her." Ronan replied.

"And I'm supposed to trust the word of the spawn of Jack Sparrow?" Barbossa mocked.

"I'm not completely like my father." He argued.

"I know. Ye both look more like yer mother, and thank god for that." Barbossa replied.

Despite his remarks, Barbossa looked behind them and saw Salazar's ship in the distance. He sighed heavily. "Release them."

"Sir..." Mullroy protested. "You would allow a woman to steer your ship?"

"She will follow her star, or we'll all die together." Barbossa declared.

Mullroy put his hands up and stepped aside, allowing Carina to take over.

...

They had been sailing for quite some time, before Carina spoke to Ronan. "This ship, those ghosts. There can be no logical explanation."

"The myths of the sea are real, love. My parents have probably seen about half of them already. I'm glad you can finally see you were wrong." He told her smugly.

"Wrong?" She scoffed. "Perhaps I had some doubts."

"This is the worst apology I've ever heard." Ronan joked.

"Apology? Why would I apologize?"

"Because we've been chased by the dead, sailing on a ship raised from a bottle. Where is your science in that?"

"Fine, then I will apologize." Carina relented.

"Go on then."

"Although, one could argue that you owe me an apology, as my life has been threatened by pirates and dead men." Carina pointed out.

"Which you now believe in, sorry to say." Ronan argued.

Carina smirked. "Apology accepted."

Ronan narrowed his eyes. "That was dirty, love."

"Yes, well, sorry if it upset you." Carina shrugged.