Chapter 4: Blood Moon

——————————🏴‍☠️——————————

Carina, unfortunately, had been captured again by the soldiers, and locked up. She was now scratching certain markings into the wall with a small metal rod, when she noticed red light peeking into her cell.

She looked up through the bars on the ceiling of her cell and saw a full red blood moon in the sky. Carina then reached into the pocket of her dress and pulled out a small leather diary with a red jewel stuck in the cover.

The light from the red moon lit up the little jewel, and Carina pried it off the diary. The light from the moon shined through the jewel onto the diary revealing hidden words.

"'To release the power of the sea, all must divide.'" She read.

She brought the jewel further down the cracked leather cover of the diary until some of the cracks actually made a certain shape.

"It's an island. The stars lead to an island." She realized.

"What stars?" Someone asked.

Carina jumped and turned towards the voice, hiding the diary behind her back. She saw a tall man around her age with black hair, and brown eyes looking at her with curiosity.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" She demanded.

"My name is Ronan and I'm here to find my parents. They were arrested. You wouldn't have happened to have seen them, would you?" He asked. "Tall man, black deadlocks, probably drunk, and a woman with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes?"

Carina's brows furrowed. "These wouldn't happen to be the two people who robbed the bank this morning would they?"

Ronan perked up and pointed at her. "Those are the ones. Do you know them?"

"Your father pushed me off a roof and into a hay cart." She deadpanned.

"Yeah, that sounds like him."

"So you're a pirate." Carina deduced.

Ronan looked down at his pirate attire. "Is it that obvious?"

Carina ignored his remark and suddenly became very interested. "Does this mean you have a ship? A ship that can get off this island?"

Ronan suddenly narrowed his eyes at her. "Maybe. Why? What do you need a ship for?"

"I need to get off this island. To solve the Map No Man—."

"No Man Can Read." Ronan finished.

Carina looked at him in surprise. "You've heard of it?"

"Aye. It's said that the map appears on a blood moon and can lead to the Trident of Poseidon." He commented. "Why are you looking for it?"

She pulled out her diary from behind her back.
"This is the diary of Galileo Galilei. He spent his life searching for the Trident. It's why he invented the spyglass why astronomers have spent their lives looking up into the sky"

"So you're saying the Map No Man Can Read is hidden in the stars." Ronan guessed.

"It was left to me by my father. He believed I could find what no man has ever found and I will not let him down." She declared.