CHAPTER 12

Author's POV:

After having chat with Mahira, Abhimanyu came back to the living room and sat next to his father and kept his head on his shoulder. Sensing it his father wrapped his arm around his son to emotionally support him. He know his child is nervous even he if he expert in hiding it in front of world.

After some time Rishabh came sown with Mahira, she was being extremely shy to meet everyone. She went to kitchen with her father where her mother was making arrangements for the dinner. Her father informed Beena about her consent for the marriage. Beena jumped in happiness and hugged her daughter. She became emotional thinking of her only daughter going away from her. She had tears in her eyes. Sensing the gloominess among the mother and daughter, Rishabh pulled few stupid jokes to make his wife and daughter happy. As this was the moment to be cherished not to cry.

On Dining Table:

Mrs. Kapoor haf made very good arrangements for the lunch. There were various variety of dishes which she had prepared with her own hands. She was expert at cooking and her daughter was like Rishabh in terms of cooking.

Everyone came and took there seat on dining chairs and started having lunch. There was as usual chatting and usual laughs on the dining table. Overall it was a family lunch. Everyone enjoyed it as a family, not some outsiders.

After lunch again women and men got busy in chatting. At that moment Rishabh cleared his throat in order to gain everyone attention. Magira sensed why her father did so, she was feeling ahy and she was blushing thinking about it.

Everyone was now attentive towards Rishabh. "Uncle ji, Rudra ji mujhe is rishtey ke bare mein kuch zaroori baat karni hai." (Uncle ji, Rudra ji, I have something important to talk about this relationship.)

"Yes, please." Said Abhimanyu's father. "After having a chat with Abhimanyu, my daughter had accepted this alliance. I wanted her share this herself, but she is quite shy in this matter." Rishabh spoke with a smile on his face and chuckled while stating the last line. After listening to it, Abhimanyu spoke after taking break of a minute looking at his potential bride getting teased and loved by his family.

"Uncle, I have already given my answer to Mahira, it was already a yes from my side. Congratulations." He spoke. Everyone become happy that that both of them have agreed. They soon wanted them to get married and take Mahira to there home as there bride, but since after a month, Mahira is going to have exams, they have thought of doing roka ceremony today itself, and engagement after a week and then marriage after Mahira's examination. They have to consult to there priests as well for the marriage dates.

Everyone have agreed to it. Beena and other ladies of Rathore clan started preparing for the roka ceremony. Beena told Mahira to go and change. Mahira as usual was amandent to not do so, but one glare from her mother and she was in her room.

(Note: I don't know much about the rituals so, I have given them as an overview of them not in detail, if they are wrong, I am so sorry about it.)

Down everything was ready, they were waiting for Mahira. Soon Mahira came down getting ready as a princess. Abhimanyu looked at Mahira and was unable to focus on his surroundings, he was mesmerised by her elegance and beauty.

 Abhimanyu looked at Mahira and was unable to focus on his surroundings, he was mesmerised by her elegance and beauty