CHAPTER 22

Author's POV:

Soon the day came for which each one of them had been waiting eagerly for, especially our couple. All of them slept late but had woken up early for the haldi fundtion.

Mahira and Abhi had woken up early. Abhimanyu already had the habit of waking up early so it wasn't an issue for him but today, Mahira as well woke up early as she was having the wedding jitters. She was spending all the left free time with her father as she was feeling very emotional.

Both of them got ready and came down to see the decorations made for the haldi function. Both of them were made to be seated on there seat and a big white cloth was set between them as a barrier so that they cannot see each other.

The function was started by Abhimanyus mother, she came and put hadli on Abhi. Abhi as usual was making weird faced as he being neat freak was finding it all a mess not knowing that her soon to be wife is more messy then this mess. Then Ahbi's mother put the haldi on Mahira.

The next person to apply Haldi was Mahiras mother. She first applied to Abhi but when applying to Mahira, She had tears in her eyes. She didn't wanted to cry in front of her daughter as she know how sensitive her daughter is, but seeing her only daughter having the shy smile and haldi on cheeks, she felt emotional and one drop of tear fell from her eyes. Sensing it Mahira looked up and saw her mother in that state and unknown to her, tears started clouding her eyes. She got emotional and started to cry.

Her mother hugged her and tried to calm her but she wasn't getting calm. Seeing it Mahira's father came forward and took the duty to handle her daughter. He hugged her daughter and made her smile.

Soon all the adults applied the haldi to the couple. The ritual was completed and Abhimanyu started to clean himself with the help of cloth and tissue and tried to get up from his seat so he can go to his room to freshen up but the youngster of Rathore's Clan had some other plans for them.

As soon as they saw him getting up they immediately executed their plan and emptied the drum of yellow colour water on him, drenched him in it and before Mahira could react, same happened with her.