CHAPTER 16

A few days after engagement

Mahira's POV:

I can't believe I am engaged to Abhimanyu. It's been so good, at times Abhimanyu calls when he returns from the office and shares what he did, and I also share what I did in college and what I tried cooking. Yes you heard right, Mumma is teaching me Cook and since I don't want to learn but mumma was also stubborn like me so Papa came up with the solution that he will also learn with me. So now me and papa both cook dinner, so that we both can learn at least to cook edible food.

After 2 weeks my exams are going to start so now only one week is left for college. I hope it goes smoothly without any bully. I have not shared it with anyone as Meera has also gone on leave she will directly come to the exam. After our Engagement was officially announced, Abhimanyu has appointed a bodyguard for me. I even begged him to remove it but he didn't listen to me. I didn't even talk to him but still he didn't listen, but he will only come till the college gate not inside the college. Now I have become habitual of them.

I don't know when I got the power to be able to bear the pain, both physically and mentally. Physical is less but I have started to get bullied mentally by the college students mostly girls since the time of our engagement. They are jealous, they think they suit more with Abhimanyu and not me, an average middle class girl with no fashion sense. At first I used to fight with them as it was only verbal, they even cursed me so I fought back and threatened them that I'll complain to the higher Authorities.

 At first I used to fight with them as it was only verbal, they even cursed me so I fought back and threatened them that I'll complain to the higher Authorities

From then my worst nightmare started, they locked me in an old lab and physically abused me, it was only once but it had made a huge impact on my personality. I have become more silent, it is affecting my studies as well.

I mostly spend my time in my room, only come out for food and when there is work except that I sit alone in my room. I am getting mentally affected by it as they even started messaging me on watsapp, I tried to block them but again the next day a new number, new message. I have blocked more than 20 numbers due to this bully.

Papa even sensed my silence, he tried many times asking me but I didn't say anything, I am very scared. I don't understand what to do. Even Abhimanyu sensed something was wrong but I diverted the talk as I knew if he asked more maybe I would have said everything. I know he might have asked the bodyguard as well but they as well don't have any knowledge about it.

I don't want to burden my baggage on Abhimanyu as soon college will end and everything will be sorted. Abhimanyu is in London right now for some business deal, he will be returning soon. I don't know the day but ge said as soon as his work will be done he will be back.

Next day, I woke up and got ready to start my college, I have started to eat less so that I can lose some weight so I look beautiful and Started wearing some fashionable clothes to look up the trends and be the part of the crowd not like some cheap behenji girl.

I went to college and sat on my seat at the last bench, seeing my bad performance professor even make me sit at the front benches but that is always worse than the situation. They throw paper balls on me from back and there are curses written in them. So I always prefer sitting on the last bench as at least I am safe a bit. The professor came and as usual told me to come and sit in front, he told me that he even had to talk to my dad related to my studies, I declined his thoughts and told him that I'll pay attention to my studies and will score well.

It was lunch time, I was going to the washroom to freshen up, after that I went to the canteen, I stopped eating canteen food as it may contain more calories, I have bought fruits from home, it can help me in keeping my health good. But suddenly Suzain(bully) came and threw away my box full of fruits and started to again make fun of me. I said nothing just got up from my seat and started to go but she just pushed me and I fell down.

Tears started to gather in my eyes but I controlled them, I got and started to run but they followed me. They wanted Abhimanyu's contact number but I didn't share so they are again teasing me. She took my hand again and took me to the old lab, she pushed me to the wall and all her minions came and took my phone forcefully from me and yook his number. She slapped my hand and all left. I started to cry after they left, I was feeling helpless. I really want someone who can hold me close to them, whom I can rely on but I have no one.

I ran to the washroom from the lab and washed my face

I ran to the washroom from the lab and washed my face. I came out of the washroom and saw that there was a missed call of Abhi, I was not in a condition to call, so I thought I'll call at night to talk when I am stable.

I started to go towards my class but what I saw in front of me was something I didn't expect. I saw Abhimanyu standing in front of me with a smile. But soon when he saw my face his expression from calm changed to angry. He looked livid.

I tried to act normal and asked "Abhi, How are you, you were in London, how come you are here......" I started blabbering. He cut me and kept his hand softly on my injured check and asked "Who did this?". I looked down and didn't reply. I don't want anyone to know about it.

He held my chin up and looked into my eyes and said, "Mahira, this is the last time I am asking calmly, Who did this?" Tears started to flow from my eyes. He came forward and hugged me and I started to cry. He held me in his arms securing me from this whole world.

After some time I was calm he took me to the car and made me sit in it

After some time I was calm he took me to the car and made me sit in it. He gave me water, I drank it fastly. I was calm now. He asked me to tell you everything. I in a low voice told him everything that has happened after the engagement. To say that he was not angry would be a joke.

He took my hand and started to rake me to the principal's office, when I understood that he was taking her to the principal's office, I started to panic and tried to remove the grip. But he didn't leave my hand and started to drag me. I started to cry but he didn't listen to me. He took me to the principal's office.

He sorted all the matter at the office and all the girls that were involved in this were given strict action as if he had not taken then Abhi had threatened the principal that he will take legal action against the college.

After getting everything sorted we started to go home. I tried talking to him but his angry glare made me shut my mouth. He only spoke one sentence that was, "We will go home and talk thoroughly about it and even will tell your father about the good work you have done."

----------------
Hey everyone
The update is here.

Please share which part of the chapter you liked the most!

Instagram id: amayra009_writes

Don't forget to vote and comment.
The views along with votes and comments are very few people, do support us by voting and commenting.

Keep supporting and reading 😃
That's all for now.
Your Author Amayra signing off