the invite

Dear reader,

We as the FIA have decided that all the F1 drivers living in the same house could lead to better entertainment. We have decided to let Kimi Raikonen and Sebastian Vettel join you in this house to supervise. The adres is on the envelope. We request everyone to move in on the 5th of June 2023. Thank you all for your cooperation.

with kind regards,
the FIA

Carlos had to read the letter at least three times to make sure that he'd just read that correctly, this was made to be a disaster right? He sighed and folded the letter back in it's envelope and then checked the adres. He looked it up on google maps and saw that it was this huge mansion somewhere in Monaco. The house had 12 rooms with double beds in them, so they'd all need to share. He could only hope to share his room with Lando, maybe then Lando would aknowledge his signals.

Fast chat

Max added Sebastian and Kimi

Max: What the fuck dude

Sergio: What the fuck indeed

Sebastian: first of language. Secondly I assume this is about the living situation. Me and Kimi were dragged into this just as much as all of you so please don't blame this on us. As regarding the rooming, I think most of you have seen that everyone needs to share a room, so me and Kimi have made an arrangement. Kimi will send it in this chat.

Kimi: Kimi and Seb, Max and Charles, Lando and Carlos, Lewis and Valtteri, Fernando and Sergio, Nico and Kevin, Zhou and Nyck, Logan and Oscar, Yuki and Pierre, Alex and George, Lance and Esteban. This won't be discussed.

Kevin: No.

Nico: for once I agree. No.

Sebastian: This is what we agreed on so this is what's happening. No further discussion as Kimi as stated. 

Charles: Is this really necessary though, I mean we already hang out apart from driving every once in a while, why would we live together

Sebastian: I understand this isn't ideal, but the FIA wants everyone to get to know eachother outside of racing.

Pierre: Probably to add more drama

Lewis: we already have enough of that don't we princess George?

George: Shut up

Oscar tried to continue reading the messages but he honestly needed to start mentally preparing himself to share a room with Logan. He had starting to develop feelings for his former teamate back in Prema. Sure they hung out a lot and the feelings would never get in the way of that, but then again this time Fred won't be around to keep the room filled with noise instead of Oscar's own thoughts.

Meanwhile Fernando was wondering whether or not he was getting to old for this bullshit. He was perfectly fine with living by himself and didn't think that living together with his colleagues was the best idea. His thoughts slipped to his soon to be roomate and started to feel bad. Sergio had kids and a wife at home, How would he manage that while living somewhere completly different. 

That was indeed what Sergio was thinking about. his wife had assured him it would be fine and they had already agreed that his kids could stay over as many times as they liked. But even then it is logical that Sergio wasn't looking forward to meeting them.

Lance and Esteban hadn't even opened the app group yet. They were just laughing making jokes about how they'd already been planning on moving in together. After catching their breaths they went over to the chat and just smiled at eachother when seeing the room divisions, happy to still be alble to get some alone time.

Nyck was also completely fine with they layout of the rooms. He knew Zhou a bit, but not that well. It was well enough to know that Zhou was a friendly guy who probably wouldn't mind sharing his room with Nyck either.

Valtteri and Lewis weren't able to read the letter or the messages untill the day after, they were way to busy sleeping and talking about whatever they wanted to talk about, feeling safe in eachothers embrace.

Alex didn't mind his roomate either, they'd been on a few dates but weren't at the labeling part just yet. All they knew is that they were happy for now and could move further whenever they are both ready for it.

Pierre had barely spoken to Yuki after the 2022 season. he missed his friend, but understood why Yuki didn't reach out anymore. He had ruined their friendship by not telling Yuki about his move. He wished he could take it all back. But that just not possible, hopefully they can talk in their new home.

Charles laughed when he saw the rooms, he knew that basically everyone thought that he and Max hated eachother but that wasn't the truth. Sure they hadn't always gotten along but they are all friendly for now.