A nice walk

I started writing this on the 27th of July, so again I have absolutely no clue of what has happened after Hungary racing wise.

Daniel took a deep breath, taking in the city as they walked calmly in their group of 23. To his right he saw Max and on his left was Charles, they were walking in silence but had been talking excitedly for the past 30 minutes, their lack of sleep finally getting to them as they entered the last half hour of walking. He could see George and Alex flirting next to a Lando who seemed quite annoyed Carlos decided to walk with Nico. in front of all of them, just behind Valtteri, Fernando, Zhou, Kimi and Sebastian, Pierre was talking with Yuki, his gesture a bit tense.

Pierre was trying not to let anything to odd slip out of his mouth, he wasn't so succesfull though. "Do you hate me?" Yuki looked at him with a surprised expression. "I- what?" "I'm sorry for leaving alpha, I really am but it just looked like such a refreshment to go away from red bull, and yes I might be teammates with Esteban now, but trust me I still don't like him that much and I just can't help but feel like you've replaced me first with Nyck and now with Daniel and I don't want to lose you because I really like you." He could barely stop himself from fainting because of the lack of oxygen but managed to regain himself from passing out.

"I don't hate you." Those words were probably one of the best Pierre had ever heard. "Listen Pierre, I really hate that we've been spending so little time together, but we're in different teams with different schedules. It'll take some getting used to, but we'll manage to keep hanging out. And I do really like Nyck and Danny, but there not you. Alright mate?" For some reason that word hurt. He shrugged it off. It's weird how he felt like Yuki started his speech with the best words in existence and ended with the worst one possible.

(Everything after here is written in present day again)

The walk was nice and most of the drivers went down to relax or play video games after, Lando, Alex and George sat behind some computers with Pierre and Yuki 'suprivising', Carlos and Fernando were arguing with Sergio as to why Spain was better than Mexico, Lance, Esteban, Logan and Oscar were having a video call with Mick while Valtteri, Kimi and Kevin were having a conversation while drinking some alchohol and finally Lewis and Nico were playing with the dogs outside in the garden

"Guanyu can you come up for a bit?" Nyck asked as he was halfway down the stairs. "Yeah of course, is everything alright?" Nyck couldn't get himself to say anything, scared that his voice might betray him so he just nodded. 

Once they were upstairs Guanyu noticed Sebastian, Charles, Max and Daniel waiting for him. "Is this an intervention or something" He tried to joke but shut up once they saw the serious faces of the others. "Nyck?" Sebastian asked the younger, signalling him to say something. "I'm leaving." He couldn't stop his voice from breaking a little. "I want to stay, I do, but I just really want to step away from formula one and racing in general. Staying in a house with drivers won't really help will it? I'm going to study at harvard to try and get my mind off of things." Zhou looked aat him, not being able to make any noise. "We decided that it would be best for me to share the room with you since between me, Max and Daniel we're the closest." Charles spoke up from where he was standing next to Sebastian. "Alright, yeah that's" Zhou coughed, clearing his throat. "That's fine." He left to go upstairs. 

"For fucks sake go after him." Max said to Nyck when Zhou had left and his footsteps were not hearable anymore.

"Hey. I'm sorry." Nyck spoke as he stood in the doorway. "Not your fault." Zhou spoke up facing away from him. It stayed silent, not a comfortable silence, the silence you get when no one knows what to say even though there's is so much to be said. Nyck slowly walked towards Zhou, sitting down next to him on the bed. "I truly am sorry." "And I already said it's not your fault." Zhou replied as he turned his head towards Nyck, only then realising how close they were. "Come on just kiss and get it over with" The two of them turned around to see Daniel standing in front of Max and Charles. "I'll close the door." He said with a huge grin on his face. Nyck and Zhou laughed when they realised what had just happened.

"Guanyu, I do really like you, so if you like me maybe we should do what Daniel just proposed?" Zhou laughed and answered Nyck by connecting their lips.

When they parted, they left their foreheads touching. "I really will miss you Nyck." "I'll miss you too, but we'll keep in touch, I'm sure we can."

"Daniel, come on, it's enough let them have some privacy" Max whispered as Daniel kept his ear to the door, hoping to know whether or not the two confesed. "Come on man, I'll race you down, won't be a challenge anyway." "Oh Max, you have no idea what you just started." Daniel sprinted down the stairs, followed by Max who was almost running him over. Charles was left behind with a sad smile, sure Zhou was really nice and stuff, but he was really getting closer to Max and somehow that felt amazing. 

"You never know if you don't tell them" Charles jumped a bit at the accented voice of Zhou. "What do you mean, who's they?" He tried to get out smoothly, failing. "Don't be an idiot, Max and Daniel of course." Nyck laughed as he took his suitcase with him downstairs. "Oh by the way." He turned around. "The rooms ready for you, be nice to Guanyu or I'll come for you." "Okay you don't say that with a friendly smile on your face." Charles tried to hide the part of his voice that was kind of terrified. "Don't worry, I'll make sure no one strangles him in his sleep." Nyck laughed and walked further down the stairs where Zhou had dissapeared a while ago.

Charles stayed for a bit longer, what did Zhou mean with both Max and Daniel. He didn't stay there with his thoughts and walked downstairs, joining Lando, Alex and George playing F23.

Okay after some delay the chapter is here and luckily not that short I think. I did really want to keep Nyck in the story because I myself am still a bit in denial about him leaving but since he's doing other stuff this just felt a bit more logical, plus this opens up a way to add some Charles angst, which is always interresting to write.