20

**** Adinath ****

It has been 5 days and today, as per what Vaishu said, she will be back to practicing sword fighting with me.I am finding it hard to contain my happiness. I always liked yielding swords. The general and I have a passion for battles and practice it every single day, but with Vaishu...it is different....I would not even name it as a battle....there is no aggression....no desire to win....no fear....no injuries....just pure love...calm and blissful....and I missed it in the past 5 days.

Not anymore!

Except....Vaishu is still not here. So I decided to pay her a visit myself, in her favorite place - the library. 

Pallu was the first to see me when I stepped in.

"BA-"

She paused when I signalled her to stop screaming by placing a finger on my lips. I called her closer. She hesitantly walked towards me. 

"Where is the queen?" I whispered to her.

"In-inside at the end," she whispered back.

"And everyone else?" I asked keeping my voice low.

"Also inside," Pallu answered.

"Alright, take everyone with you and leave," I said.

"The queen too?" Pallu asked. "No..not the queen," she immediately corrected herself when she saw the frustration in my face.

"Correct, not the queen but everyone else," I said calmly. There is no need to scare a kid. "And make sure the queen does not know, okay?"

"Okay," Pallu nodded. She is very quick and sneaky cause within seconds I could see the women coming out one by one. They tried to greet me but I signalled that it is alright and they can just leave.

Soon enough Vaishu and I were the only ones left in the library. I silently walked to the end to find Vaishu standing at the corner of a shelf with a book in her hand and facing the other side.

I stepped closer and tried to pull her towards me but she instantly caught my hand and turned back with a smile.

My self defence classes are working!

"Good job!" I said impressed. Vaishu smiled.

"But that does not give you the right to skip lessons," I said pretending to be angry.

"Oh," Vaishu said and looked at the clock, "I lost track of time. I am sorry."

"Doing what?" I said trying to look at the book in the hand. It is a book about the working of the government.

"I actually have a proposal for change," Vaishu said walking to her desk while I followed her, "I am looking at the procedure for how to get it approved."

Did she....forget....that the king is her husband? If she did, then I get to be a little cocky.

"It has to get approved by the local authority first, then get approved by the ministry, then the parliment and finally by the king," I said explaining her the actual procedure, "Should take around 6 months, if you are lucky."

"I cannot wait for that long," Vaishu said disappointed, "Is there no other faster way?"

"There is an annual bull fight that is coming up. If you win it, you will get a chance to speak infront of everyone and you can get their attention," I said as a joke.

"Hmmm," said Vaishu and started thinking.

"Are you...considering it?" I asked surprised.

"Should I not?" Vaishu asked innocently.