50

*** Sruthi ***

Veer is Naina's lover!?

Naina is Kanda's sister!?

How can I be so stupid....I told her all about my liking for Kanda....what if she already told her brother...I would never be able to....

My thoughts were interrupted when Kanda stormed into the room. He did not even look at me, instead went directly to a nearby cabin and pulled out a box from one of the drawers.

"General....the reason...I was in Veer's room....is because...." I tried to nervously explain.

"That's alright, don't worry," he calmly replied and walked towards me.

Why is he not angry?

Placing the box on the table beside me, he took my hand in his. I panicked at the unexpected touch.

"Relax, princess," he assured looking into my eyes before quickly shifting his attention to the box to take out the gloves.

Did he just call me princess.....A term he hated using when I asked him to.....and why did his words sound genuine instead of the usual sarcastic.

"Too tight?" the general's next question interrupted my thoughts. I looked down and noticed that he fixed the straps of the unusually thick gloves.

"No," I shook my head.

"Validate the flexibility," he said and moved on to the other hand.

"Meaning?" I asked confused.

He came back to the previous hand and rotated my wrists up, down, clockwise, anticlockwise.

"Does it feel comfortable?" he asked. I nodded and he moved on to the other hand.

"Why do I need these?" I asked as he completed putting on the other glove.

"They safeguard you from cuts," he said moving to the other side of the table and arranging it with random items like cleaning cloths, a sword, and some liquid.

"Are you really going to teach me sword fights?" I asked genuinely curious.

"Are your expectations always this high," he said still busy making arrangements.

I rolled my eyes.

"Be respectful when you are infront of authority," he warned upon noticing.

Seriously!? Since when did our relationship reach this stage?

"Sorry," I apologized but he refused to take his angry eyes off me.

"Sorry sir, general" I reluctantly corrected.

He nodded satisifed and started to teach random things out of no where. "Polishing a sword has three stages," he introduced, "Clean, polish and dry." Then he went on to demostrate each of these stages at an unreasoably fast pace before asking the dreaded question.

"Got it?" 

Nope!

"Can you...can you demonstrate it again...a little slowly?" I requested.

"Your lack of attention is not my problem," he replied. "Your turn," he added replacing the polished sword with an unpolished one and stepped back.

Can I just stab him?

I walked infront of him and placed my left hand firmly on the handle to polish the sharp edge first, just as he demonstrated.

"Not to the end," the general took a step closer and adjusted my hand so that I am holding the handle in the middle.