91

(Ends with target, read till end)

*** Adinath ***

"Your highness," Veer came running the moment he saw me, "You...you need to save me."

"Save you?" I asked surprised, "Save you from whom, Veer?"

"The general, your highness," Veer replied, "I disobeyed him, right? He is busy with Sruthi now but I am sure he plans to break atleast 3 sticks for me today."

Rightttt....3 sticks for disobeying.....wonder how many sticks it would be for scaring his princess.....and for hiding behind the temple doors and locking him inside.....and for strategically sending soldiers to let him know that Sruthi fainted the moment he managed to free himself....a whole sack probably....the very thought sent shivers down my spine.....maybe I can go hide behind Vaishu....or take her and flee the Nine Kingdoms....

"Your highness," I heard Naina's voice as she walked in bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, Naina?" I asked.

"This...uh..." she said looking at the files in her hand, "This....is the report that Sruthi and  I have made....to capture all of the Queen's activities in detail. I think it would be nice if you have a look."

"Hmm," I said taking the files.

"Pardon the spelling mistakes, your highness," she added.

"It's alright Naina," I assured and turned to the first page.

The Finance minister organized a meeting and lied to everyone that nothing harmful is going on at the borders ~ Vaishu asked him to keep track of me and be prepared in case things get escalated.

That's so sweet and thoughtful.

I turned to the next page. 

Vaishu looked at my letters and started getting suspicious and kept asking for my whereabouts ~ smart.

I turned to the next page.

Vaishu figured out that something is not right based on the trade records and letters itself, even before Vishnu sir revealed it.

Damn, Vaishu!

I always knew Vaishu is brilliant but connecting the dots based on the taste of the tea...that too....when the Finance minister and everyone else so convincingly made her believe that I am safe....that's brillainace at it's highest level and just when I thought she couldn't get any better, I turned to the next page.

Vaishu challenged and overthrew the Finance minister!

MY WIFE OVERTHREW THE ACTING KING!?

ALL BY HERSELF!?

The women who once hesitated to talk to her own cabinet, confronted the entire parliment!?

Next page ~ She strategically planned and sent the troops to the borders overnight?

OVERNIGHT!?

And the discussions she had with the intellectuals.....the way she answered all their concerns....the way she raised concerns that even the intellectuals couldn't think of...the way her brillainace made Vishu sir speachless....VISHNU SIR SPEACHLESS....and the impeccable planning skills....the concern shown for the soldiers....the concern shown for the animals....excellent....absolutely excellent....

I closed the first file and opened the second one and in the meanwhile heard Nandu bhaiyya coming towards me.

"Your highness may I talk to you in priv..."