80

I am updating the chapter anyway but please keep the comments meaningful. I understand and am grateful that you love the book so much and are eager for an update but please don't break down sentences into individual words or letters just to reach the target ❤️

Target for next chapter - 1.2K votes and 550 comments.

*** Nanada ***

"You wish to see me, your highness?" I asked Adi as I entered his chambers.

He nodded.

"Just wanted to ask how the soldiers drinking party went yesterday," he replied.

"Your highness, it is extremely offensive and disrespectful for you to even think...." I fell silent when Adi showed me the cap of one of our alcohol bottles.

Idiots! 

I told them to make sure all bottles have caps before burying them.

"No one drank past two glasses. I made sure of it," I said honestly.

"Of course," Adi replied sarcastically, "that would justify going against the king."

"I know you are angry," I said careful to not trigger him further, "but we are in the middle of a war and I suggest you don't...."

"Of course I won't confront the soldiers," Adi replied, "They wouldn't dare to go against me if their general didn't promise to protect them. He will be the one to be investigated once the war is over."

"I'd rather be imprisoned," I stated.

"Good to know your preferences," Adi replied, "Fortunately, they will not be honoured."

I rolled my eyes.

"Is this revenge for hitting you yesterday?" I asked frustrated.

"No," Adi replied, "It is revenge for you not telling me the true reason behind it."

I fell silent.

"How I wish god gave me a chance to investigation you on that," Adi added, "but if this is the most I could get, I'll take it."

"I would like to emphasize again that...."

Our conversation was paused when we heard soldiers running outside the tent and immediately ran outside to see our men surrounding something or rather someone.....a kid who was around 12 or 13 years old....from Agastya!

Once again, my soldiers made me proud because while they did surround the kid and held their weapons like they should, they had the compassion to understand that the kid is not their enemy and to not show any form of intimidation in their looks or actions.

"What brings you here, my child?" the King calmly asked as the clueless boy looked around and trembled in fear.

We all patiently waited for him to answer.

"I...I..." he hesitated, "I came to meet my friend...to play...."

Another depressing consequence of going into war with a Kingdom that has been a long lasting friend. 

Poor kid but still....

"Did you check if he has any weapons or confidential information?" I asked one of my men.

"No sir, all clear," he replied, "Story checks out."

I nodded and turned to the King.

"Should we allow the kid to cross back, your highness?" I asked.