61.2

Watch this music from 2:36 to the end!

This is what played in my mind while writing some scenes in this chapter. I won't say where. You tell me at the end where you could connect the music haha

Also my mind thinks faster than I could type and this chapter is long, so if you find any spelling/grammar mistakes just let me know :)

*** Sruthi ***

The court remained silent for a couple of seconds before the bishop turned towards the Queen and continued.

"Miss. Vaishanvi, is it true that there is a young girl in the Queen's cabinet?" he questioned.

"Yes sir," the Queen answered.

I know where this is going....

"And is it true that you tried to get her educated and even allowed her to forgo all her maid duties?" he continued.

"That's true," the Queen nodded.

"How did that go?" he questioned. 

Naina and I exchanged looks feeling extremely guilty for not even doing the bare minimum to support the Queen when she tried to get Pallu educated.

"She...she ran away sir," the Queen replied.

"Ran away?" the Bishop smiled as a harsh reminder of the dire consequences of what we considered Pallu's innocent acts can have.

The King immediately glared at the Bishop, his eyes looking like that of an angry god who would burn the world down should he loose control, but quickly got himself under control by diverting his gaze to the Queen.

"So Miss. Vaishnavi," the bishop concluded, "We have two women, who have all the resources, time, and support to get educated and both of them chose to run away?"

"Sir, there are many young boys in the court today who skipped Gurukul," the Queen countered immediately and I thought that was a wise reply until I noticed the king subtely close his eyes for a fraction of a second expressing disappointment.

"32 to be exact Miss. Vaishnavi," the rook jumped back in. "And the number of gurukul going boys is 23,478 in the capital alone, making this a 0.00136% probability. On the other hand, the number of women who refused education is....." he paused as if he realized that continuing it would be a risk.

"100%" the bishop continued on his behalf making the demon king sign in frustration. 

I thought I was the only one who is too dumb to understand what's going on until the general signed and whispered "Oh Adi! Just kill the intellectuals and make your wife the winner. Am too tired for the intellectual debate of silence."

"No sir, 66.6%," the Queen replied, "3 women were given the chance to study. You forgot to include me. Taking by your own statistics, not mine, two women ran away, sure! Yet the third women not only got educated, but loved it so much, that she spends almost all of her free time in the library reading books....written by some of the greatest minds in the Nine Kingdoms, one of which is 'Impeccable Judgements - A guide' written by Mr. Vishnu Gupta....which states and I quote, 'Any initiative where the expression of interest is more than 10% should be carefully considered before disregarding because it is a likely possibility that the success of that 10% influences the interest of the remaining 90%, potentially changing the statistics by a huge margin.'

The intellectuals fell silent. The King immediately turned his gaze to the general, as if he himself was surprised by the Queen's words,  and wants to see if the general shares the same sentiment.