8.Curious George

Shout-out to megha099
______________________
Callum's POV

My mate and I had a nice time at that restaurant. After our meal I wanted to take her somewhere else but she said she had to go as her manager gave her a curfew.

I bid her goodbye with a heavy heart. Goddess knew how much I was going to miss her.

I went back to the pack smiling like a teenager in love because my mate promised to meet me tomorrow. I really couldn't wait for this day to pass by already.

When I got to the pack house, I saw my mom and Angeline standing outside in the front porch.

"Wassup you guys?!" I hailed skipping into the house.

"Someone's feeling excited." I heard Angie say walking behind me.

"What's it about?" My mom asked beside Angie. I turned to them smiling.

"You'll find out soon enough Mom." I said and gave her a peck on the cheek before dashing up the stairs.

"Hold on!" My mom called after me but I ignored her. "He's acting out of character today." I heard her say again though I was already far from them.

Thank you moon goddess for super wolf hearing.

I entered my room and slumped on my bed. Taking out my phone I texted my mate.

I wanted to make sure she was already home safe.

'Are you home now?' Was my message. I waited for a couple minutes growing really impatient now but then she replied.

'Yeah, you?'

I smiled and replied.

'Yeah, what are you doing now?'

'Why do you want to know that, Mr werewolf?'

'Cos am curious.'

'Well curious George, am memorizing my lines for my upcoming movie and you're not helping by distracting me right now.'

'Oh sorry. Would you call me when you're done?'

'Kay.'

'By the way, is curious George an actual person?'

'No silly. He's from a cartoon. Bye.'

'Bye mate!'

I sighed and put the phone away. I really miss my mate.

Natalia's POV

I got home before the time Sky gave me. Thank God for that. Am really not looking forward to her lecturing.

She was cooking something delicious but I was still full from the meal I had with Callum so I went up to my room to relax.

I took a bath and decided to memorize my lines for tomorrow's shoot.

I heard my phone buzz on the bedside table but I couldn't be bothered so I dismissed it as some notification from a new like or follower.

After sometime of continuously missing the lines, I let out a frustrated grunt and put the papers aside. I decided to check my new messages then I saw a message from Callum.

I clicked on it and smiled after reading it. Why was he such a gentleman? Ugh what am I smiling about? I replied his message.

He asked what I was doing and I was beginning to wonder why he was so interested in me. He isn't serious about that mate thing right?

Yeah I might have gotten really curious and searched what mate meant in the werewolf fiction.

As interesting as it was, I wanted to believe Callum was just joking around but now I was really curious as to his interest in me.

I asked him why he wanted to know that and he said he was curious.

I decided to tell him while adding the fact that he was distracting me.

He apologized which warmed my heart. If all men could be like him, the world would be a blossom of flowers.

He asked me to call him when I was done and I agreed. Truth is, I really wanted to talk to him but more was at stake right now.

He then asked me if curious George was an actual person with made me laugh. Did he really not know that old show?

I told him it was a cartoon and bid him goodbye because a frowning Sky appeared in my room.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be practicing your lines." She said.

"Could you help me? I keep on missing the lines."

She sighed and walked towards me.

"Papers." She said and I gave her the papers.

She sat beside me on the bed and cleared her throat.

"Repeat after me okay?"

"Sure."

"Mrs Nelly why aren't you coming to my party this evening?"

"Mrs Nelly why-" I was cut short by the buzzing on my phone.

I took the phone beside me and looked at the caller's ID. I frowned and put the phone down.

"Answer that, Talia." Sky said but I ignored her and took the papers from her as distraction. She sighed and stretched over me, taking the phone.

"Don't answer it Skylar." I said her full name which I only did when I was really upset with her.

"You can't avoid them forever. They're your family." She said and I sighed. She was right yet again.

I took the phone from her and picked up.

"Yes Dad?" I said, my voice void of any emotions.

"Hello cupcake. How could you forget your own father? Haha, you're really harsh, you didn't even call to know how your mother and I are doing." He said in that gruff voice of his.

All through his speech, I was clenching my fist. Sky held my hand soothingly and I sighed.

"Firstly, Don't. Call. Me. Cupcake and secondly, my mother is dead so I'd rather you not call someone else my mother." I spat.

I heard a scoff on the background and I already knew who it was.

"I have no idea what you're ranting about because last time I checked, you have a stepmother." My father said.

"Is there an actual reason you called me? Cos I really need to hang up." I said.

"Oh yeah. You have to be here by 8pm tonight. We're holding a party to finalize your engagement with Mr Gantzler. The media will be here so your fans might as well be notified." He said.

"What the actual f*CK?!" I yelled.

********
Hi guys. Thanks to those reading and voting for my story. I'm going to update daily and keep it very spicy and interesting to read.

I'm going to give out frequent shout-outs to those really supporting me. Thank you and I love you all❤️