13.All is bright

Callum's POV

It's been a week since I last saw my mate, I had gotten so busy with the pack because rouges entered my territory and killed many defenseless women and pups.

I made sure each and every one of the rouges were tortured and killed eventually. Now I'm in my office signing some agreement with the Grey Wolves' pack.

Asher and Caleb were both sitting opposite me waiting for me to finish with signing the papers.

"Here, have it delivered to Alpha Merrick as soon as possible." I said handing Caleb the bunch of papers.

I was getting irritated now because my wolf and I were missing our mate badly and needed to go see her.

Caleb nodded and left.

"You're not okay." Asher said while I stood up.

"Seems like you noticed." I said walking towards the door.

"Is it because of the rouges outbreak? We already took care of that, the bereaved families were also compensated, you-"

"It's not that Asher. You may leave now, I have to be somewhere." I said and walked out of the room.

Natalia's Pov

My life had gone back to normal, the press conference six days ago went well and the gossips were now reducing.

I just finished shooting the scenes for today and was heading home now. Sky had to go to Paris two days ago for some photoshoot contract.

She was supposed to be heading back today but her flight got delayed so she will be arriving tomorrow.

Normally I'll be glad she was away because I'd finally have space to breathe but now I really wanted her to return as soon as possible.

I had no idea were Callum disappeared to in the last few days. I was thinking about him way too much and even missing him. This is very odd.

I entered the house and slumped into the large sofa in the living room. I took off my heels and flung them across the room carelessly. Heaven knows I'd be dead by now if Sky was here.

She was too much of a neat freak while I on the other hand was just a lazy ass. Yeah it's my life, deal with it.

I sighed and took out my phone and switched it on. It had been off the whole day. My eyes almost popped out of its sockets when I saw Fifty missed calls from Sky.

Did she really have that much time in her hands? I also saw three missed calls from my Stepmom. Why the hell did she call me? Who cares anyway? I then saw five missed calls from the one my heart has been craving for.

Callum.

I jerked up and cleared my throat before dialing his number. He picked up after the fourth ring and a smile crept up to my face.

"Hey Cal. Long time no talk." I said.

"Hello sweetheart, good to know you called me back." He said in that deep voice of his that stirred something in me.

I blushed at the name he called me. He had a way with words.

"Yeah, my phone was off throughout the day so I had no idea you called, sorry."

"It's alright baby. I'm at your gate anyway." He said and my eyes widened.

"What? You mean you are at my gate right now?" I asked running towards the large ceiling to floor window.

"Yeah, I just got here." He said as I reached the window. He really was standing outside beside his BMW that I couldn't help but love.

I called for Patricia my longtime nanny since I was a child to open the gate for Callum. Patricia was one of the few people I trusted. She was practically the one who raised me after my mother's passing.

She lived with Sky and myself in this house.

After a few seconds, she returned with Callum. In the meantime I had put my shoes aside. I couldn't let Callum see how careless I could be.

"I had no idea you were coming over." I said nervously after Patricia left. I had no idea why I was feeling nervous, this was unlike me.

"Sorry I didn't inform you first but I tried calling and you weren't answering and I missed you so much so I had to come." He said like a gentleman and I smiled, washing all the nervousness away.

"Okay, it's fine, you're already here anyway. Uhm, I'll just go change very quickly. You can watch TV in the meantime." I said and took my handbag and shoes before dashing up the stairs.

I heard him chuckle and I blushed madly.

I got into my room and took a quick shower, not bothering to wash my hair. I didn't go through my normal skin care routine as that would take ages and I didn't want to keep him waiting.

I put on a loose white shirt and a pair of black shorts. I then placed my hair in a messy bun before rushing back downstairs.

I saw him relaxed over the sofa, watching teen titans go. It was really odd as he didn't seem like the type to watch cartoons.

"All done." I announced walking towards him.

He tore his gaze from the TV and smiled at me.

"Even in just normal clothes, you're still the sexiest." He said and I blushed.

"Do you want to have dinner with me?" I asked out of nowhere and he nodded happily.

Patricia was already in the kitchen preparing dinner so I just led him there.

"Thank you Nana." I said when Patricia placed our plates of rice and Lasagna in front of us.

"You're welcome Talia." She said smiling warmly at me. I smiled back at her before she left.

For a while we just ate in silence until Callum suddenly spoke up.

"Would you like for me to show you my home sometime?"

"Your home?" I asked.

"Yes. It's gonna be your home too someday." He said and I laughed it off as one of his weird jokes.

"I'm dead serious Lia." He said.

***********
Hey guys, sorry for the terribly late update. I have been so busy with school and kind of abandoned this story so I'm back up from where I left it and I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Pls keep voting and drop comments. Love you all💜