26.An unexpected surprise

Callum's POV

I opened my eyes slowly and winced slightly at the bright white lights that welcomed me.

I looked around and noticed that I was in some hospital room. I sat up on the bed and saw that lots of tubes and wires were connected to my wrists. I also had bandages over my forehead and left ankle.

Whatever happened to me? I thought, looking at the white-painted dull hospital walls.

I felt my head pounding and held onto it to try ease the pain. Then I got a thought.

My mate....

Natalia.

Yeah that's it.

I was out looking for her after she left out of the blue. She left, oh no. I shouldn't be in here, I should be out looking for my mate.

With that in mind, I took of the countless wires connected to my wrist and winced at the pain that followed suit. That was the least of my problems though.

I had to find my Natalia.

I got off the bed and my legs felt heavy on the ground and the bandaged ankle hurt badly but I endured it all and leaped towards the door.

I hadn't gotten far before the door swung open and in came Doc Pedro, the pack's doctor and behind him was my Mom and Asher. Only then did I realise I was in the pack's infirmary.

"Son!" Mom yelled, panicked at my current state.

Doc Pedro tried leading me back to the bed but I refused.

"Alpha, with all due respect I ask that you pls go back to the bed. You're still under recovery and it's not safe to just leave. You barely just fell from unconsciousness." He said.

"What happened to me?" I asked impatiently.

"You got involved in an accident two days ago and it was really terrible. I'm supposing you survived this due to the Alpha blood in you, alpha. An average werewolf wouldn't have survived that accident, so you-"

"Thank you Pedro but I'll be better in no time, I need to find my mate." I said cutting him off and tried advancing towards the door but Mom blocked me.

"Pls son, listen to your doctor and stay put. Please you're barely recovered." She said stroking my face whilst tears spilled down her cheeks.

"Don't worry about me Mom. I'll be just fine. Did you forget whose son I am? So don't worry." I said wiping the tears off her face. I looked at Asher who just stood there quietly.

"Alpha." He said.

"Take my Mom home and ensure she's safe at all time. I'll be back soon." I said and he nodded.

I tapped his shoulder before leaving the room.

The heaviness in my legs was reducing now but I could still feel the piercing pain.

I got into the woods and transformed into my wolf. If I was injured and weak, Azure would definitely be affected but not as much. He was still very agile and ready to go find our mate. With that I ventured deep into the woods.

Natalia's POV

It's been two days since that incident where I fainted out of the blue. I woke up on the following day and Nana told me how worried she had been.

I felt bad for making her stress and worry too much about me. She had a doctor check up on me and the doctor confirmed it was nothing serious just stress and fatigue that lead to my fainting.

Nana had been making me eat so many different concoctions and I have been on bed rest since then. It was all really tiring but who was I to complain?

Right now I was in my mother's childhood bedroom which had become mine now. I was lying on the bed with Tina sitting on my bedside. She was telling me stories of her past as she might have noticed how bored I was lying on the bed all day.

Few minutes into her story, I got an urge to throw up so I rushed into the bathroom and puked everything I had for lunch into the toilet.

Tina was right behind me rubbing my back. I flushed my mess and turned to the basin to rinse my face. Tina handed me a face towel and I thanked her. She nodded, smiling at me oddly.

"Do I look amusing?" I asked embarrassed and she chuckled. We went back to the room and she handed me a glass of water.

"Of course not. How do you feel?" She said and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Sick and really weird." I replied and she laughed.

"It's normal symptoms a pregnant woman to have especially in her first trimester." She said and I spat out the water I was drinking.

"What do you mean pregnant? Am I pregnant?" I asked shocked and she smiled widely.

"Of course you are Talia! The doctor confirmed it yesterday but Nana wanted you to find out yourself but you're so oblivious about these things that's why I just had to tell you." She said rolling her eyes at the last part.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was pregnant? Callum and I are going to have a baby? I felt my eyes watering and next I knew I was crying.

I sat on the bed and Tina sat beside me hugging me.

"Come on girl. It's nothing to cry about. As a matter of fact, it's a very good news. You should be jubilating right now." She said.

"I want him. I want my husband here beside me. I need to get to him right now." I said.

*****************
Hey lovelies

How do you like this chapter? Pls keep voting and feel free to comment anytime.

Love you all💜