8.

I went back to my chamber after taking to Krishna. It was midnight. We talked for a long time. He had clear views and opinions. He was a nice man. His one expectation from me was to not hide anything from him. He made himself clear that it was not because he wanted to overpower me but to protect and provide for me in the best way. He said that he believed marrige to be a sacred bond, a bond created by God himself and he respects him. He told me that according to him marriage is a partnership and love would gradually develop. He promised me that if I marry him, I would be the only woman in his life, his only woman. He expects the same devotion and same commitment from me. He told me that he will give me time to understand his point of view and become the woman I should be.

He was one philosophical man. He was mature and he perfectly fit in the role of the king. I had never seen a man like him. He was similar to my father, he was even better than him.

Laila came into my room and asked what I talked about with the king. She was so excited that she couldn't even hide it. My marriage was going to be a festival, after a long time our kingdom would witness a marriage of a royal.

Whole I was going to sleep I thought of talking to Krishna one last time. Not the king but the shepheard. I planned to go at his place the next day and confront him about the things happening in our lives.

I had to end things with him. There was no future for us. People have to fight for their love and I had already performed my part, if there was no cooperation from the other side, it was all vain. I understood who I was destined to and now I was getting aware of my fate. I had to move on and start my new life as the queen of Ramgarh.