10.

It has been a week of me and Krishna talking. I had started liking him. He was the best man I could ever get married to. I had never thought my life would take such a turn where I would be getting married to a guy named Krishna whose name was same as my ex.

I agreed to get married. I told my parents about it. My decision was not forced, I thought about it very carefully. I took every possibility into consideration, I answered my every what ifs questions, I did the math too and every result was my favour.

I did not have any requirements and any expectations from Krishna. I knew he would fulfill the duties of being my husband religiously and as time will go by, I will learn to perform my responsibilities too.

Our date of marriage was fixed. We were supposed to get married on the fourth day of the upcoming month. The whole kingdom was celebrating my marriage, kings of many kingdoms were invited to witness my marriage.

The preparations of my wedding was going on and I was strolling around in the palace when a hand pulled me beside the wall. It was Krishna's hand. Not the one I was getting married to, but the one I gave up to get married.
"It's still time, you can back of" he said. I looked at his face and thought of what he was taking about. Time? For what? Why would I back of? From my own wedding? I knew the answer to these questions. There was no time. There was nothing. I had a man in my life. Why would I even. I did not feel the need to answer these to him, I pulled my wrist from his hold and went on walking. "Radha" he called out. His tone was so different, the way he called my name didn't feel nice.

"We loved each other once, right?" He asked. It was the truth. I was head over heels for him. I told him,"Yes, we did. But not now. Everything has an end and I think this is ours." Truth to be told, I was over him now, I moved on. As I looked into his eyes, I realised my heart didn't beat the same as it used to be. I fell out of love. This was our end, after my marriage I won't be meeting him anymore. We needed to put a full stop on the life we dreamt of together, a full stop to the happy memories we made together, a full stop to the moments we will never get back. All of it was needed and all of it was meant to be.

Krishna's p.o.v. (not the king/ the shepherd/ Radha's ex lover)

I never knew this day would come. I never thought of parting with Radha. The day when she came to my hut, I knew what was going to happen and I couldn't run away from it so I tried to  hug her but she didn't let me. I wanted to feel her warmth, her comfort and her loving touch for the last time but I wasn't able to.
My voice still stutters for her glamorous aura around her. Her smile still entertains my shallow and simple life. My heart broke into a thousand pieces when she was begging  to do something and I couldn't, I was incapable of her, of her love. I cried a lot that day and my tears washed away the broken pieces of my heart. I realised that day that we were fated to meet but not meant for forever. We were fated to be at the time we were and now we are not meant to be. Time changes things but she will always be loved by me. I love her still, maybe not the way I once did but I love who she has become without me.
My heart will wait for her but I hope she never comes back.