Ch 5- Invasion

This chapter also has blood in it so if that disturbs you, be careful.

Eret got back to Dragon's Edge right as the sun rose. It wasn't hard to find Astrid as she was with everyone else trying to figure out the plan. They have a very tight circle of trusted people and that's who she is with. Heather, Dagur, Eret, Valka, and then there's Astrid and Hiccup of course.

As soon as Eret walked into the gathering room," ERET, your back. What did you find." Astrid asked, hopeful.

Eret looked at her sadly," Hiccup is alive." Astrid brightened up but then he said," But he is not well."
"What do you mean?" Astrid asked. "Drago... has been torturing him." Eret grimaced.

Astrid clasped her mouth," how bad is it..." Eret replied," He is in critical condition and we must act fast if we want to get to him in time."

With a few tears streaming down Astrid's face she said," We are leaving at noon. Get packed and gather everyone and their dragons before then." We should get there at dawn when it's dark enough to invade.

Everyone nodded and left her to her thoughts.

Astrid's pov

She honestly didn't know if she would ever see Hiccup again. Just the thought of living in this world without him made her sick. She just wanted to feel his lips on hers again and his warm embrace telling her that everything was alright.

She sat on a chair and just stared into nothingness for hours until it was time to go.

~ Drago's island~

Hiccup just got back from another round with Drago. It was about dawn and Hiccup wouldn't make it much longer. He had lost too much blood already and could barely sit up.

The only reason he hasn't given up yet is because of Astrid. She needs him and he needs her. If he dies then who would protect her?

Hiccup still hasn't told Drago anything and he doesn't plan on it. He has accepted the fact that if he goes to sleep, he might never wake up. The only thing bothering him was Astrid. Just thinking about her made him warm again.

Hiccup finally let sleep take him over with his last thought being his beloved.

~

Outside of the layer was chaos. Fireballs we're raining from every direction along with arrows from their riders.

While most of the riders were wreaking havoc outside, a small group of people including Astrid were secretly looking for Hiccup while everyone was distracted.

Astrid wasn't playing games. If someone attacked, she killed them with one blow and moved on to the next corridor in the dungeons. No one could stop her from reaching Hiccup.

The dungeons went really far down and each layer was more and more musty. The group split up just in case he was somewhere else.

They were also keeping their eye out for captured dragons, but most of them were in another building.

Astrid eventually found a pulley (an old kind of elevator) and went down that way knowing Hiccup would be at the bottom according to Eret.

And there he was. Laying in a pool of blood, shirtless and covered in wounds. Astrid hit the lock with all of her strength in her axe and opened it.

"HICCUP!" She kneeled beside him with tears falling down her face," hey babe, wake up. I'm here now." She started sobbing. He had a pulse but barely. Now she just had to sit and wait for Eret and Dagur to come and help her.

They told her to go and tend to Hiccup while they fought and then they would help them both out of there.

She lay his head on her lap and started ripping her clothes in order to put pressure on his wounds. It looked like someone stabbed his lower back as well. There was too much to tend to at once.

She softly kissed his cold lips in hope that she would feel something back. Nothing. That's usually how she would wake him up in the morning.

He was out cold and she knew they were almost out of time.

                                  ~ time skip ~

Eret and Dagur carried Hiccup back up. What they saw was terrifying. Drago had a bewilderbeast and was taking all of the dragons. One of the riders figured out that you need to cover their ears so that they have some control. The beast was controlling all of the dragon's minds.

With over half of the dragons already taken. Astrid hopped on Stormfly and told everyone to head back because she knew they couldn't win this fight.

With Hiccup on her lap, Stormfly flew off and Astrid knew that they had faced devastating losses. This was all a trap.

I was bored and decided to draw Hiccup and Toothless

I was bored and decided to draw Hiccup and Toothless. I made him a bit too short tho 😬