Ch 7- Dying

With all of the islands prepared for the worst, everyone was a bit at ease knowing they were practically untouchable. Hiccup and Eret, on the other hand, knew what Drago was capable of and weren't taking chances.

They knew that Drago would eventually come back for Hiccup. Drago desperately wanted the secrets of the dragons and Hiccup was the only one who had them.

Dragon's Edge was most heavily guarded because that is their main island. That is where Hiccup and Astrid lived which meant Drago would come there most likely.

Hiccup had a feeling that this battle would end everything, he just didn't know which side it would be. He knew that he would sacrifice his life if Astrid or Toothless was in danger and that was his tragic flaw.

Valka always tells him that it will be the end of him and Astrid hates hearing about that topic.

Now here Hiccup was, drawing while sitting down over a cliff looking over the rest of the village. That's when he heard the flapping of wings land behind him.

" hey babe" Astrid plopped down next to him and blushed," Is that me?" She asked, looking down at his paper. "Yes, what do you think?" " I'm amazed but also don't understand why you would waste your time drawing me" She joked.

"Oh not this again," he started tickling her," you are my favorite thing to draw." He chuckled but suddenly Astrid pulled his hand back and twisted his arm. "Ow ow owww you got me!" "Hahaha that'll teach you."

For what seemed like eternity, they just laid in eachothers arms watching the sunset knowing they might not have many more evenings like this once the war really begins.

That's when Eret approached the duo," Sir, there is a whole armada just 5 miles north of the island". Hiccup quickly stood up, kissed Astrid's cheek and flew off with toothless.

This was the beginning. This would also be the end. Hiccup will end this conflict tonight.

Hiccup had his newest armor on. It was all black with shedded night fury scales (httyd 3 armor). He was fireproof and ready.

~

"Get ready men! It's time." Drago pointed to the catapults on the boats and they launched.

They crashed through the protective wall and over the defenses right into the edge.

Hiccup evacuated all women and children, for this would be the battle of the century.

"Astrid! You lead the west squadron, I'll take the east." Astrid nodded," ok babe, be safe," she kissed him passionately. " The same goes for you milady."

The whole island had their dragon to ride and all of the soldiers took off with their dragons. Eret was Hiccup's right hand man and second general.

"ATTACK!" The dragons flew at Drago's ships from every direction. Hiccup looked around and saw the multiple dragons being hit with catapults and caught in nets. Time to show them a real rider.

Toothless charged his most powerful plasma blast and it landed directly in the middle of 5 boats, crushing them instantly.

Hiccup weaved through the many arrows being shot at him until he spotted Drago. He landed on his boat.

"Drago!" The giant man looked at Hiccup and laughed. "You are but a boy. You can't defeat me." Hiccup smirked," Watch me."

Hiccup charged at the man and Drago parried him. Hiccup stumbled but caught himself and then Drago tried to hit him with his staff. Hiccup stopped it with his flaming sword.

While Hiccup was fighting Drago, Valka and Astrid were destroyed ship after ship until Stormfly got shot with a poisonous arrow.

"It's ok girl, let's land on that boat. It was the biggest boat and most of the men have already been knocked out or killed.