Ch 6- Falling

Btw this is what Hiccup and Astrid's castle/ fort looks like...

Once everyone that escaped got back to the base, Hiccup was taken straight to Valka, who was the village healer

Valka needed to work quickly so she wouldn't let anyone in the room with her. This situation really gave Astrid deja vu from when he got hurt defeating the red death.

~ A few days later ~

The Einvald empire is still very powerful but they ran into a complete trap when they invaded Drago. Astrid knew that they lost over half of their dragons and many of their riders as well. Once Hiccup wakes, they will need to start making a plan immediately to save the dragons.

Astrid was second in command so she sent terror mail to the other islands of the empire to start making preparations to attack but more strategically this time.

~ In Hiccups room ~

Where am I? Hiccup could've sworn he was dying in a cell. He tried to get up but it was excruciatingly painful. He got up anyway. Realizing it was his room, he went out the door.

He left the house and slumped around the village looking for Astrid. A villager ran up to him and said," Sir Hiccup! What are you doing out of your quarters, you are in no shape to walk!" Hiccup saw that almost his whole upper body was covered in bandages.

~

Astrid was in a meeting with Dagur, Heather, and Camicazi when a villager barged in saying," Sir Hiccup is walking on the streets!" Heather went to look at Astrid but she was already gone out the door.

Astrid ran out and saw a struggling Hiccup wobbling around on the streets. She ran at him and punched his shoulder. "Astrid! There you are, I was looking... OW WHAT WAS THAT FOR!" Astrid punched him again," What are you doing out of bed, you are in NO condition to even sit up."

" I needed to make sure you were okay." Hiccup replied, looking down. She lifted his chin carefully and kissed him. "Let's get you back to bed".

~

Everyone was sitting in Hiccup's room making plans to attack Drago. "We will need all of our tribes." Eret said. "I agree," Hiccup looked at his map," if we attack from the north, they will see us coming miles away. I've seen their weapons. Drago has less forces south of his island so that is where we will attack."

"We will need half of everyone to stay here in case Drago attacks us first." Astrid said, hiccup nodded in approval. Once the plans were made, everyone left.

Hiccup was still in no condition to stand so he had been laying in his bed the whole time. Astrid laid down next to him and sighed. " What happens if one of us doesn't survive this?" Hiccup looked at her and said," Then we will meet again in Valhalla."

Changing the subject Astrid said," let's take a look at those cuts, shall we?" "Go ahead milady." Hiccup replied.

She took all of the bandages off and wiped the cuts that were bleeding again and wrapped him all back up.
"You don't have to answer me but... what did he do to you?" She asked with a concerned look on her face. "It looks worse than it felt," he replied," he would just slice me with his knife everytime I didn't answer one of his questions." He didn't want to tell to tell her how Drago used tortured electric dragons to shock him. It just sounded too horrible to mention.

For some reason, he didn't want her to look at him in this state. Hiccup somehow felt ashamed when she looked at him.

"What did he want of you?" She asked. " He wanted to know all the secrets of the dragons." Astrid nodded," His army has gotten twice as big because of our dragons."

Hiccup agreed," Yes, and we must go after them as soon as possible." Astrid said "Don't get ahead of yourself babe, you've got a while before you will be healed. Until then, you need to rest."

She kissed his head. He closed his eyes and said " goodnight milady."

~

It had been 2 months since Hiccup was captured and he was doing much better. He still had a long way to go before he was in top health, but he still had an empire to run.

All of the islands have doubled their defenses in case Drago decides to hit first.

Hiccup needed a break so he decided to test out his new flying suit. "Ok bud, I will jump off this cliff and if anything goes wrong, dive in after me". Toothless gave his gummy smile and nodded.

Hiccup looked down the cliff and saw the whole village.
He stepped back and then leaped right off of the edge.

"The chief just jumped off that cliff!" A villager pointed. Now everyone was watching in horror as they thought Hiccup went insane.

Suddenly, he pulled up the straps of his wings and flew just like a dragon. The village stared in awe and anxiety for their chief.

Once Hiccup got close enough to the ground, he realized he never thought through how he was going to land. "WATCH OUT" he yelled.

He crashed straight into the town square. He then stood up and looked around. The silence was deafening. Suddenly the crowd cheered while Hiccup brushed off the dirt.

Everyone stopped when they saw Astrid and Valka marching straight through the crowd looking like they were out for murder.

Valka said," Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third, how could you do such a thing! You are barely healed! Not to mention there is a war going on." Then Astrid went up and punched his chest.

"OW! Why is it always the violence with you?" Astrid punched him again," Because I love you Hiccup Haddock. You better stop doing stupid stunts or next it will be your face."

Astrid grabbed his ear and dragged him along the village with Hiccup whining behind her.

~Unknown location~

"Get the dragons ready!" Drago smirked," Tomorrow... we set sail for Einvald! We shall return with their chief's head on my hook!" The crowd cheered maniacally.

Fleets of boats were ready with catapults larger than a house. This will be the battle of the century.

Ik ik... so much Hiccstrid this chapter. I just couldn't help myself. And sometimes Hiccup needs a good scolding