Part 2 ~ Ch 1 - A New Threat

I know it has been a long time but I have decided to do the sequel but I am writing it in this same story. I am doing this because it is easier and frankly, I am very lazy. I will update every other day since finals are over. Enjoy...
_______________________________

~Unknown location~

"Why must we wait!" a tall man with scars on every part of his body extorted at the man in the chair. "Dear Krogan... we have the element of surprise and we have one chance... one chance to end it all." the man replied calmly. Too calm.

The man named Krogan paced with a stern, unpatient face. After a minute of silence he continued, "We have had a plan and yet we have done nothing about it. I think we have waited long enough".

The calm man simply said, " Our spies are still gathering information about that stupid boy and his island of dragons. We will be ready when the time comes. Now, ready to test the weapon...and send a letter to the 'Grisly' that we are ready".

"As you wish...Viggo".

~Einvald council meeting~

"Is there any new information on the whereabouts of Johann?" Asked the emperor at the end of a long table.

Dagur answered, " Actually we discovered a hidden island outside the archipelago with many defences where we think he might be hiding. However, the scouts noticed an odd emblem on one of the flag ships, so we snuck in one of their caves and in one of the rooms there was a map of all of Einvald's islands and our defenses. We took the paper and got out as fast as we could since we were few in numbers."

Eret knew much about outsiders so he asked, " What did it look like Dagur?" His response was, " It looked like the skull of a goat with red eyes..."

There was silence as everyone watched Eret think. Seconds later his face looked horrified.

"Fuck"

~ 2 two hours later ~

Hiccup flew to the castle's great hall where he called entire city of Einvald, including its other islands that just got there by dragon. Berk was also present and now very fond of dragons.

Astrid also just arrived with the almost three year old Nuffink in her arms. She rushed to the head table and whispered to her husband, " Whats going on babe?"
Hiccup turned to her with a solem face, " I am afraid another disaster is upon us."

Soon after, Hiccup stood up infront of this very large crowd and announced, "I understand that you all must be wondering what I called you for. To put it bluntly, we have a major threat in our midst. A man named 'Grimmel the Grisly' has been found with many forces near the archipelago. It seems that they have plans to visit us and not for favorable reasons."

There was gasps and grunts throughout the crowd as the people processed the new information.

Hiccup continued, "I cannot express how imperative it is that we don't underestimate this man. Grimmel is the one who brought the nightfuries to extinction. He is the one who has destroyed entire cities in one night. He is not to be taken lightly."

After a few moments of silence Hiccup concluded, "It is not my intention to scare you but warn you of the dangers to come. We are to prepare for another war. I understand it has only been seven months since the Grimborn brother's defeat but we must not lose ourselves. Go to your homes and spend time with your families...goodnight."

The fear was so dense that it was almost tangible. Everyone started walking out the giant building and making preparations for the new threat.

Eventually everyone left except Valka, Stoick, and Astrid who was still sitting with Nuffink, holding him like she might never see him again while staring off into the distance.

Since Valka and Stoick got back together, they have been living together and Berk has joined the main island, Dragon's Edge. Stoick finally said, "I have heard of this man, son. He is definitely not someone to take lightly."

Hiccup sat next to Astrid rubbing her hand comfortingly saying, "Yes, Eret told us all he knows about the subject... I am going to gather all of the young men and give them combat training." he then turned to his wife, "Astrid you are one of the best fighters I know. It would be great help if you could teach by my side. I don't know how much time we have."

She looked at her husband and smiled, "Always".

~
Astrid watched her husband get ready for bed. He pulled on his leather pants and took his shirt off showing off his defined abs and body covered in scars. He lay next to Astrid and she started to trace every scar and line on his body.

One scar was still not completely healed and it was from the son of a bitch Johann. "Why must you always be in the middle of trouble?" she asked. He simply smiled and pulled her on his lap. "Because you are, and I go wherever you go."

"Maybe it's my turn to protect you" she whispered. Then she remembered the events of the past month.

"Babe... I have something to tell you." Astrid has been wanting to tell him since she found out but now she had to, since they had declared war.

Hiccup saw how distressed she looked and found himself feeling scared for what she would tell him. Was she sick? Is someone hurt? Maybe his goddess of a wife finally realized what a dork he was.

"I'm pregnant." She cringed waiting for his reaction, but to her surprise he looked relieved. "Astrid! That's great!" He kissed her passionately, but she still looked worried.

"Hiccup... i'm scared". Those were words that Hiccup thought he would never hear out of his wife's mouth. She continued, "I didn't tell you right away because you are always so stressed and now we have to deal with some asshole named Grimmel."

"Astrid I-" She cut him off, "Babe, I am scared because of the way you talked tonight. You talked like you were never going to come back from this battle. Hiccup I can't lose you. Especially not now." She now had tears in her eyes and Hiccup was getting deja vu from her last speech about how he needs to be careful.

" I admit that death has never scared me but thats because I know that I would die for you in an instant if it meant you could live." He looked into her eyes as he saw her completely break down. Astrid only cries around Hiccup and it worries him when she does. She is also more emotional when she is pregnant which makes more sense now.

With tears now rolling down her cheeks Astrid studdered, "Why does this keep happening to us..." Hiccup didnt know what to say so he just pulled her in his arms while they lay in bed.

After a while, Astrid fell asleep on top of Hiccup while he looked at her wet face. One side of him was leaping with joy that they would have another child who would look like his beautiful wife, while another part realized how much of a burden this would be during times like this.

~ Across the Archipelago ~
"I assume that we have the element of surprise here?" Johann stated in his chair amongst his fellow dragon hunters. Viggo smirked, "Yes, though we spotted some dragon riders on our island, it's all part of the plan. Just like we thought, they grabbed the papers and ran off."

At the head of the table Grimmel mocked Hiccup and his people. "They are like dogs... Loyal but stupid and gullible. I understand that our union of thieves will be a surprise but they have fire power." the band of evil men all nodded their head while the head continued, "We intentionally let them know of our plans because of the thrill of the hunt. There is no point unless you have a little fun, yes?"

Many of the men chuckled while others thought him insane. "This Hiccup boy is very predictable. He obviously isn't afraid to die so we need to go after his weakness."

Krogan smiled and asked eagerly, "And what will we do to him?" Grimmel kept a straight face and replied, "First, we will torture him until he can't protect his loved ones. And then, we will destroy everything he loves infront of him."

Viggo was finally going to get revenge on the person who took his brothers life. Viggo asked, "When do we unleash the weapon."

"Now."