Part 2 ~ Ch 4 - Close your eyes

Good luck getting through this tearjerker. I could barely get through it.
_______________________________

Astrid woke up on the ground on a cold, damp cell. She noticed her dragon scale armor had been stripped off. Her head was pounding as she tried to remember the previous events. She must have been knocked out because she doesn't remember being brought here.

Suddenly she remembered that Grimmel also took Hiccup and fatally wounded him. As she opened her eyes all the way she saw a limp body laying a few feet away from her. The person was facing away from her and she couldn't see much in the darkness but as she crept closer she sadly realized that it's her husband lying in front of her.

"no...no...no," She thought out loud. She cradled his head in her arms and went to check his wound from when Grimmel stabbed him with a sword. When she lifted his shirt she saw that his large wound on his abdomen had been stitched up.

Why would Grimmel help Hiccup? But to Astrid, the only thing that mattered was keeping Hiccup alive.

Somehow Hiccup was still bleeding so she ripped her white shirt that went under her armor and wrapped it around his wound. Then she looked around for anything useful and noticed a small bed with a sheet on it.

Astrid couldn't lift Hiccup so she carefully dragged him onto the hard bed and put the thin sheet around him. Then she crawled next to him to absorb his warmth. He was a great deal bigger than her so she could easily curl under his arm as silent tears ran down her face.

What if they never got out? Astrid is pregnant and she needs to keep her baby and husband alive while also caring for herself. Astrid was filled with all of these terrible scenarios as she fell asleep.

~

Hiccup gained consciousness though he didn't feel like opening his eyes. He felt a very strong pain in his abdomen and a warmth at his side. After a while of trying to figure out what is going on, Hiccup opened his eyes and was surrounded with wet brick walls and a cage door in the front.

"Well... shit" Hiccup said. Then he looked to his side and found Astrid curled at his side on the makeshift bed.. ASTRID?! She's not supposed to be here. He made a deal with Grimmel. That stupid son of a bitch captured his wife and unborn child.

As he was gradually freaking out more, Astrid woke up when she felt him shaking. "Babe, don't freak out. You're hurt and you need to rest." She tried to be calm as she rested her hand on his chest.

"Rest? How can I rest when I am the reason you are here. This is all my fault!" Hiccup explained while trying to get up. "Don't you dare blame this on yourself Hiccup, this is anyone's, except your, fault." Astrid pushed him back on the bed as she stood up to look around.

"How did I get stitched up? I don't see any thread." Hiccup asked confusedly. Astrid walked up to him and pulled his shirt up more to get a better look. "Well it's a pretty bad stitch job so whoever did it was in a hurry." Astrid said as she inspected him to make sure he wasn't hurt anywhere else. Hiccup, however, looked very troubled, "Something isn't right Astrid. Why would Grimmel want me alive?"

That question scared Astrid so she just shrugged and decided to see if she could find anything in this small prison cell.

After trying to get a good look at her surroundings, a bunch of torches lit up in the hallway infront of them. The only problem was that they were separated by the prison door. Thats when she saw someone coming through the lit hallway.

"Well I see that the young couple is awake." Grimmel said as he walked closer to their cell, "How is that wound of yours? That type of pain would have killed an average man. Yet, you are anything but normal, arn't you?" Grimmel smirked at the Dragon Master.