✭ 02

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

❀ the sleeping piano ━━━━━━━━━━━

the sleeping piano
━━━━━━━━━━━

During the break between two lessons, Hana went to the music room.

It's a huge room, like an amphitheatre. There's never anyone there and Hana always took a little time to play a song or two.

This room had been abandoned for a long time now, and Hana didn't mind. She could play her favourite instrument for hours on end without being disturbed.

Nobody kept this room clean, it smelt musty and the seats were rather dusty. Only the piano was perfectly clean, as if it were new.

She loved playing the piano because her mother often asked her to play it before to go to sleep or to relax at the end of the day.

When she began to understand that her mother loved to hear her play, she started to learn the instrument by herself. She loved seeing her mother proud of her when she played for her, just for her.

Her favourite piece was 'Melodic Flower' because this music was melodious and she never get tired of it. It was the same for her mother, she played it for her every night, without exception.

Whenever she had free time, she rushed into the room to play it. Her day was better thanks to this little moment with herself.

She placed her bag on the side of the piano and sat down to begin playing. Once her fingers had warmed up, she began to play her favourite melody.

Each time she played 'Melodic Flower' she was carried away by the music, as if the piano was part of her for a short moment. She could think of something else and free herself from reality, of all the pain her body carried.

She forgot about her illness and all that was bad in her mind. Everything became clear and bright. Everything around her was happy. She forgot that her lungs were dying and her heart was being choked by her own blood one day.

All this was going to oblivion for the time of a music and she enjoyed the moment, knowing that her mother was watching her and applauding from where she was.

The young boy was walking through the corridors on his way to his next lesson, but he stopped when he heard a soft melody. He approached the door to the music room and listened carefully.

He had always been told that the school had closed this door because the room was no longer used for anything, so he was surprised to hear music coming from this room that everyone thought was empty.