✭ 19

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。

❀ tick box ━━━━━

tick box
━━━━━

For the next three weeks, Riki spent his days with Hana to keep her occupied.

She would play the piano for him, and he would continue to draw her, over and over again, without tiring of it. He has dozens of portraits of her in the art studio now and he could never stop drawing her.

But for three weeks, Riki went out almost every evening to take Hana stargazing, and she never told him about her list. She never told him that he could tick that box and that there was only one wish left to grant.

He was just there, silently loving her and watching her live her life, as if his heart wouldn't explode every time he saw her.

So it had been 4 days since they'd both been out to see the stars. Riki thought that Hana just didn't feel the same as him, and that it was going to be someone else who would have the honour of ticking that box.

Riki entered the music room as Hana was quietly playing the piano as she was wont to do.

The room was empty and the lights were on her.

She looked so beautiful.

She stopped playing, picked up her bag and gasped when she saw Riki behind her.

Her heart raced and she put a hand to her chest and closed her eyes.

"You play very well." said Riki as she descended a few steps before saying:"Sorry to have scared you." laughing lightly.

Hana thought back to her meeting with Riki. They were just the two of them in this huge, empty room. Their words echoed throughout the room.

It was just them.

Hana joined in and said: "Oh, you can hear me playing outside ?" Hana asked, running her hands over the back of her neck, unable to contain her laughter at the situation.

"Yes, but I don't think anyone will mind." Riki looked down at her name tag and read her first name: "Hana." with a broad smile.

"We have by far the best meeting."

"You think so ?" Hana nodded, closing her eyes.

"Imagine the sad life I'd have without you." Riki lowered his head, unable to hold back his smile. He ran a hand along the back of his neck too, then sat down in the first seat in the front row.

"It's in a fortnight Hana, only two weeks." She sat down next to him and he continued: "How are you feeling ?"

She lowered her head and said: "Do you want me to be honest ?"

Riki took her hand and nodded.

"I don't feel good at all. I hurt all over and all the time. I get out of breath just taking a few steps, my heart hurts all the time and my lungs burn every time I breathe. Apart from that, everything's fine."