chapter three;

CHAPTER THREE

I WAS TOLD I WAS DANGEROUS

I ASKED WHY, THEY SAID...
BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED ANYONE

2ND SEPTEMBER 1993

„HEY POTTER," THE IRRITATING VOICE OF a shrieking Pansy Parkinson rang in her ear the very next day, „Potter, the dementors are coming, Potter! Wooo!"

Athena slapped her cousin over the head when he made the same noises, not glancing away from her schedule.

Ow!" Draco hissed, dropping his arms as he looked at her, „What was that for?"

„Take a guess, Biff Tanner."

She felt his confused glare burning in the side of her face, though Theodore sat down between before either of them could say another word.

„Back to the future?" he smirked at her.

Athena sighed deeply, turning to glare at him in annoyance.

Two years ago, the moment they had came across a muggle-born who ranted about something called television, the two of them had turned it into a competition of who could know more about them. Movies, shows, books, etc.

„Yes," she admitted reluctantly, ignoring the blonde's disgusted look. He never seemed to understand their rivalry over knowledge, especially when it comes to muggle things.

Athena prided herself on her intelligence. All her life it had been ''clever girl'' or ''genius child'' and she had gotten used to being called out for her smarts. Her intelligence quotient was, after all, 187.

It had only been shortly after her fourth birthday when she noticed the child who she had more playdates with than she'd liked was smart. He was smart and so terribly stupid.

The fact that he mostly hid his intelligence scraped greatly on her pride.

So it only made sense to dislike him.

Draco didn't understand their dynamic, often referring to them as lovebirds and for the love of Salazar, stop fighting all the time, which caused her to barf every time he brought that up.

„Don't pull that face, you'll get wrinkles," Daphne Greengrass on her other side piped up.

The blonde had invited herself to them, much like Theodore had. Although Daphne had spent majority of her breakfast talking to one of their more talkative dorm mates, whom she can't remember the name of.