chapter thirty-three;

❝ I LOOK AT YOU AND IT TERRIFIES ME, TO KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO FOR YOU ❞

I LOOK AT YOU AND IT TERRIFIES ME, TO KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO FOR YOU

30TH AUGUST 1995

ATHENA WAS LAYING ON HER BED, wondering how she would get to communicate with Harry in order for him to be informed of the situation without directly involving herself.

Her familiar laid directly next to her.

Salem seemed to spend more time with her since she didn't really get along with the other people in her house, with the exception of Granger and the youngest Weasley child.

( Said people allowed her to include herself in the meetings—for strategy purposes, Snape ran his disgusting mouth—much to the dismay of her uncle, who started to make more and more indirect comments about her father. )

Athena had started to absently practising her ability to read ones mind, which was currently still strictly limited and mostly depended at how strong their defences were.

Which was probably why some of Harry's thoughts practically pounced on her.

Some minds were particularly easy to read.

Like Sirius who after the twelve years in prison didn't seem to be so on guard to suspend someone in his mind, his defences were pretty low despite the practice she knew he had.

Sometimes she read his spiteful thoughts to amuse herself.

Lupin was harder to crack, but he seemed to be too trustful with the people around him. His thoughts were slightly more self-loathing, although Athena thought they made a depressing pair together. So she avoided his thoughts.

Salem had let her guard down when she realised what Athena was trying to do and they started communicating that way, brainstorming ideas to inform the cockroach of the hotel Athena opened against her will.

Codes in a letter?

Athena scoffed under her breath, „One, he wouldn't get it. Two, he knows my handwriting. And three, if I can't do it myself then I don't think he can read paws."

Salem hissed at her, Fine. Ungrateful brat. What do you suggest?

She had thought about making someone else write a letter, using certain phrases even Harry would understand. The problem was she didn't know which ones he would get.