chapter seven;

CHAPTER SEVEN

I WAS DYING TO HEAR SOMEONE SAY THAT I DIDN'T NEED TO TRY SO HARD TO BE PERFECT, THAT I WAS ENOUGH AND IT WAS OKAY

AND IT WAS OKAY.

17TH NOVEMBER 1993

ATHENA FOUND HERSELF in an empty bedroom. Around her, the walls were painted in a beige tone. The only thing she saw in the room was the wolf plush toy staring at her on the icy ground.

She didn't know how she got here.

And strangely enough, she didn't remember ever being in the room let alone entering it.

The temperature sunk. It was suddenly colder than she was used to.

My sweet little girl," a female voice cracked through the fogged absurdness of what now seemed to be a fully decorated children's bedroom, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Athena turned around with furrowed eyebrows.

The woman had a large wound near her stomach, like someone had rammed a Bludger through her flesh. There was blood on her lips too, though she didn't seem to have noticed either of those things.

A man beside her looked awfully pained, eyes edged as if holding the burden of the world on his shoulders. His skin was unhealthily pale, hardened spots like it was frozen and there was a tip of ice on his mouth matching the rest of his face. Both of them were breathing heavily.

„...What has become of you?" the woman finished with a cough.

The man, who she noted had similar eyes to her own, besides her ( her husband, she guessed noting the ring on her blue-coloured finger ) rubbed her back soothingly, looking like he was ready to take her pain himself.

„You killed my mother," he said at last, voice as smooth as silk despite the obvious pain he was going through. he smiled down at her, hollowed and frighteningly daunting, as if nothing he said was out of order.

Realisation dawned on her like cold water being thrown on her back.

There was a moment of silence then, a silence that seemed so tense Athena, eyes wide and silent, half expected them to drop dead, to stop breathing and fall behind like they always did.

Only she inhaled sharply before they could, jumping up from the bed as she took deep breathe's.

Sweat streamed down her skin and she could feel her hair being greasier than normal. The blanket was on the floor and despite the hot blood boiling in her veins, she felt unnecessarily cold.