chapter forty-one;

chapter forty-one;

" I SWEAR IT, ON MY HONOUR, ON MY BLOOD AND ON THE GODS "

9TH OCTOBER 1995

IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT WHEN Athena stood in the Kryptos, pacing back and forth, with Theodore watching her from his place on the couch that laid there.

Neither of them could sleep that night, both of them unwilling to have nightmares, so Athena grabbed him and shoved him in there.

She had blindfolded him, because for some reason she wasn't sure she wanted him to know about this place and where he could find it. The only thing he did know was how it looked and that Athena found it two years ago.

Theodore was eying the chess board next to him, fingers twitching like he was itching for a cigarette, "So, what exactly are your priorities right now?"

Pandora's box was staring at her from the book shelf, practically burning a hole in her head, but Athena ignored it. She crossed her arms and glared at the ground thoughtfully.

If she were thirteen, younger and somehow more less experienced with death, her answer would've been easy. She wanted vengeance, she needed her parents and she needed the ones responsible for their deaths gone.

Now, Athena still had that desire. She still wanted Bellatrix, Voldemort—maybe she should just call him Riddle, because that name was starting to feel ridiculous—and Apollo dead. The latter she wasn't even sure if he was alive or if he was going to crawl out of the ground.

Except, her full attention wasn't only on that anymore. It hadn't been for a while.

"Apollo," it was the first thing that came to her mind whenever she slept, breathed and ate. She would never find peace knowing he might or might not be still breathing and the prophecy still in tact. "When it comes to it."

"But," Theodore grabbed a piece from the chess board. "Until then?"

"There's going to be a war," Athena said that with certainty, not looking at Theodore. Her thumb was placed into her mouth, drawing a small amount of blood, "I won't be able to stop that, but—"

But I can't let him win.

"My father didn't die for nothing," Athena decided then curtly. Then, with more hesitation, „You three and Potter need to survive."

At the end of the day, it was all that actually mattered. Without him, there would only be darkness and chaos. It became a known fact when Apollo told her about his future and while Athena might not be as attached as she probably was in the past—future—it was still something she didn't want to risk.