chapter four;

CHAPTER FOUR

I HATE GETTING FLASHBACKS FROM THINGS I DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER

SEPTEMBER 9TH

ATHENA DODGED THE FLAME ball that strikes at her a second too late.

She hissed when it slammed into her arm, holding it tightly. The pain on her arm barely hit her as much as the disappointment that washed over her. Athena gritted her teeth in frustration.

"I thought your speed and reflexes would be more excessive," a dark masculine voice next to her drawled, watching her duck at the next flame.

"They are," she scowled harshly at the man, "against human."

"That's not an excuse," he said, pouting at her in mock pity.

The next flame she redirected at the male spitefully. He dodged effortless. She glared daggers into him looking like she was waiting for him to spontaneously burst into ash.

He smirked and threw a bigger flame at her without any warning.

She swiftly leaned to the side.

"That's my girl," the man praised with a wicked glint in his dark eyes.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"Where were you?"

"In the kitchen, I missed lunch," Athena lied smoothly, seeming to be exhausted and irritated, "do I have to make you a schedule, so you know where I am at every hour?"

She plopped on the couch in the slytherin common room, closing her eyes as she breathed out properly.

"Well, I'm sorry I worry for my friend," Daphne talked back to her.

It was one of the reasons Athena respected her. The girl never shied back from intimidation, like many others so. She wasn't as easily frightened by Athena's reputation. Daphne often tried to chasten her whenever she felt like Athena was in the wrong.

Friends, however, was a stretch.

"I'm not your friend, Cinderella," Athena told her.

"Of course," the blonde replied with an odd tone Athena couldn't read, "Theo and the injured sissy are with Parkinson, in case you were wondering."