chapter forty-four;

chapter forty-four;

" I WOULD RATHER LOSE THIS ENTIRE WAR THAN LIVE A LIFE WITHOUT YOU AND IF THAT MEANS I HAVE TO PROVE MYSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN, THEN FINE "

30TH OCTOBER 1995

IT TOOK ATHENA SEVERAL DAYS to process the things that happened to her on the eleventh this month. She spent most of them laying in her bed and thinking through every tiny detail she remembered, everything she blocked out, speculating the meaning of it and what to do.

The day was rough, it wasn't one of her favourites. And she was well aware that some of the decisions she had made that day could be the one wrong in the long run.

( For example; telling the most reckless trouble-finder she knew her family secret. No matter how relieving that was. )

Following that day, well—Athena wasn't in her highest spirit. Which was unfortunate for Charon, who she had met on one of her last training session before suddenly remembering he was the one responsible for Colin passing the river in the first place. This made her anger spike up.

It happened while Hades was occupied with something she was not allowed to know, like this;

She stomped towards Charon with blazing fury, watching the slow panic rising on his face as he realised she was walking towards him with no intention of a hug.

„Soldier—"

She cut him off with a deathly, cold glare on her face, the one she had when she was about to murder someone on the spot. Charon was well aware of that, having seen that look when he was training her with the sword.

„How did he get here?," Athena grabbed the man by his shirt aggressively, her eyes glowing a bright threatening red at him.

He stared at her eyes-wide, trembling badly in her grip. It was a look she had never seen on him before, he was always collected and organised.

Colin went directly under his nose, his job.

She tightened her fist until the collar on him was nearly suffocating.

The man choked in surprise and faint pain, whimpering, „I don't know."

How—" she thrusted him against the wall harshly, ignoring the pained sound that came out of him, „could you let a mortal, living child get through the gates?"