Back Again

****
Recap:
Nobody helps Klaus realise that his soulmate is none other than the mother of his kids, his queen, his little wolf, Hayley Marshal.
Klaus realises that Elijah and Hayley weren't right for each other either which lifts a weight off his shoulders.
Nobody sends Klaus back to the rooftop of New Orleans where he met Elijah.
****

Klaus had his eyes closed but he knew he was back where it all began, the place with a lot of art and music, where his family had lived and were happy for the longest time, New Orleans.

As Klaus opened his eyes to take in the beauty of the city before him. He felt the presence of his brother, Elijah behind him.

"Evening, Elijah."

"Niklaus." replied Elijah.

Just like it was in the original timeline Klaus was then informed by Elijah that he had found out who was plotting against him. So he followed Elijah to Lafayette cemetery, where he met up with Sophie Deveraux who told him about Marcel. Klaus tried to act surprised about all this information and replied just like he did in the original timeline.

"Elijah, what madness is this?" Asked Klaus.

Then he heard the voice of the woman he wished to see all this time.

"Klaus"

Klaus looked at her with wide eyes he finally saw his soulmate alive and breathing. He could feel his heartbeat racing as his eyes met hers but he knew he had to keep appearances.

"Little wolf, what are you doing here and what does this have to do with the witches plans?" asked Klaus sternly while trying to act as surprised as he could.

Elijah was a bit surprised at his brother's reaction since he expected him to blow up instantly but was glad that he didn't. "Niklaus, the girl is carrying your child."

"No, it should be impossible. Vampires cannot procreate."said Klaus as he turned towards Elijah.

"But werewolves can, magic made you a vampire but you were born a wolf." Replied Sophie.

Klaus turned around to look intensely at Hayley who was being fidgety and awkward and then he looked down at her stomach and listened on his own this time. He could hear it, the heartbeat of their child.

Klaus looked back up at Hayley but unlike last time his eyes were soft and reassuring. He turned around towards Sophie and said "Fine I will play along with your little game for now, witch."

Everyone there was taken aback by Klaus's reply.

"But let me make one thing clear if you hurt Hayley or my child. I will forget about this deal." Said Klaus authoritatively. "Also if you have pulled any witch trick to bind her here I want you to undo it."

"We didn't bind her to the cemetery but we did create an insurance." Sophie then took out a needle and poked her finger.

"Ouch" Hayley said while holding her hand up.

Klaus went towards Hayley and inspected the wound. "What is the meaning of this?"

"The spell that was used to confirm the pregnancy also made sure that I am bound to Hayley so if you don't follow my instructions I will have to take drastic measures." replied Sophie.

"This was not what was agreed upon." said Elijah.

Klaus still holding Hayley's hand looked back up at her face, she was as beautiful as ever and he had to stop his urge to hug her and take her away from this mess. But he could see that she was very worried about the current situation. Klaus gave her a reassuring smirk to which she replied with a small smile. Klaus then turned around.

"It's fine brother, I will follow their instructions for now. So no harm shall come to either of them."

Elijah was surprised but was happy that his little brother was finally being reasonable and not being enraged as he usually would be.

"Okay Niklaus."

The three of them then went to the Plantation house in the outskirts of New Orleans. Elijah went upstairs to unpack stuff and Klaus and Hayley were left in the hall. Hayley sat on one of the clean chairs as Klaus slowly removed the sheet over the others and bent down on his knee to get rid of any dust that was on it.

"I wanted to thank you." Hayley started. "For a second there I thought you would leave me behind."

"For a second there, so did I." Klaus replied. He looked at Hayley who had a sad expression. "But then I heard the heartbeat of our child and I knew what I must do."

He then got up and put his hand on her shoulder which made her look at him. "I don't mean to say that I would've left you there if you weren't pregnant." Hayley looked at Klaus confused. "I have grown to be quite fond of you, little wolf." Said Klaus softly.

Hayley gave a weak smile to that. "I didn't know you were fond of me enough to save me."

Klaus sighed, if this was the original him he would have been offended at that remark since he rarely showed kindness but he knew that Hayley didn't know her that well yet. "That might be how I try to appear on the outside but I do care, I just did not like the circumstances we were in."

"Neither did I." Replied Hayley. "What are you going to do about the witches?"

"Well since they are doing something so underhanded as to link one of them with a pregnant woman, I see it right that they get a taste of their own medicine." Klaus said while smirking at her. "Rest assured I will keep you safe." He got up and went about to clear the remaining covers.

Hayley looked at him and wondered if this is the same big bad wolf that everyone spoke about and the one she had met back at Mystic Falls. As she was thinking all this she felt all the weight drained out of her body since she was finally able to rest and so she fell asleep.

Klaus turned around and saw her asleep, he picked her up in his arms and took her upstairs to one of the rooms that were still clean.

He cleared the hair that got in her face. Before getting up to leave he looked at her and said, "Good night, little wolf."

Elijah could hear all this. As he was heading downstairs, he smiled thinking that maybe his brother's redemption isn't too far away.

He saw Klaus standing near the dining table. "So what exactly are we going to do about Marcellus?"

"We aren't going to do anything to him." Said Klaus which caused Elijah to give a confused look towards him. "He might have had his reasons not to contact us after we fled. But he shouldn't be a big problem, the actual problem here are the witches."

"So you want to risk going against them and putting both Hayley and your child in harms way?!"

"No brother, I have a way to make sure neither get hurt but I get what I want."

"And what might that be?"

"A family."

****
So how was it? I was very unsure about how to make season 1 and season 5 Klaus to appear a little similar but then I remembered they are similar just Klaus showed his kind side to more people in season 5.
What do you guys think is Klaus's plan?
Find out next time.
****