Awake

****
Recap:
Esther devises a plan to get her children to be on her side.
Klaus explains his plans to Hayley and they sleep together.
Elijah and Marcel recruit more vampires.
Rebekah tells Cami to confess to Elijah and they finally plan a date.
Klaus and Hayley make their relationship official.
The garden vampires are visited by Aya.

This chapter starts with a monologue.
****

It had been 3 months since Hope had been sent away with Kol and Davina and everyone living in the compound had been keeping busy.

Klaus and Hayley would spend every minute with each other and go about their day at bayou where they would either train the werewolves or recruit lost ones. They would occasionally get sad over being away from their daughter but they would console each other to get through it.

Marcel was busy with recruiting new vampires and with keeping the Guerreras off their turf which was made difficult with their rapidly growing numbers. Marcel would spend his free days by going on dates with Rebekah and enjoying the city view.

Speaking of Rebekah, she and Cami were making sure that the human faction was in check and also made sure that the Guerreras and the witches wouldn't retaliate against them by being neutral when it came to the fights involving them.

Elijah had been helping a lot with the training of the new recruits and he was very happy. The happiness wasn't just due to being productive but also due to a certain bartender turned faction leader who he would occasionally go on dates with.

Everyone was still worried due to the non aggressive behaviour from both Guerreras and the witches. As for the Garden vampires, they seemingly had disappeared from the face of the earth since Marcel and his Vampires didn't find any trace of them in the past few months.

(Compound)

Klaus was sitting in the kitchen as he ate his breakfast. As he was eating it, he felt the presence of his little wolf who came in sluggishly and leaned on him from behind.

"Good morning, love." spoke Klaus.

"Good morning." said the sleepy hybrid.

Klaus was still a little upset that they had to send Hope but due to the progress between him and Hayley he was able to deal with it.

Hayley finally got up and went to her coffee. "So what are we doing today? More training?"

Klaus got up and turned towards Hayley. "No, no more training because I got a call from Joshua."

Hayley suddenly felt her sleep leave as she understood what this meant. "Wait do you mean?"

"Yes, little wolf. He found my father's pack." replied Klaus.

"So when are they arriving?" asked Hayley who was excited due to this development.

"Tomorrow." stated the original hybrid. Hayley then looked at Klaus and he knew what she was about to ask just from her look. "I will be waking Ansel up today."

Hayley then set her cup aside and went towards Klaus and held onto the end of his Henley. "We'll do it together." spoke Hayley with a small smile.

Klaus felt encouraged by this. He had already met his father once but he knew this was different since he didn't want it to go down like it did last time so Hayley's reassurance helped him.

Klaus smiled back at Hayley and gave her a kiss.

"Oh get a room you two, this is a public area!" came the voice of the blonde original as Klaus rolled his eyes.