12

"My watch has ended." - Jon Snow, Game of Thrones.

Year: 126ac

Location: Driftmark

Whatever remained of the Targaryen legacy since that terrible volcanic storm in Valyria, the Targaryen lineage had cut them off from a wide city to a small handful of family. The Targaryens had been here since the beginning.

Since the first King and his goal to begin again had not been in vain. Targaryen customs were odd against anyone who did not understand. It was normal for them to intermarry with one another. Keeping the family pure. It was sad enough to see one Targaryen die since nowadays it was hard enough to conceive a child without having the mother be sacrificed into giving birth.

Maybe the gods wanted the Targaryens gone.

Maybe... the world never wanted them to begin with.

Everyone had gathered around the seaside where the funeral would be held. The Ceremony had begun with the ringing of the small bells that House Velaryon provided for Laena Targaryen. Her Mother, Father and Brother walked behind the casket while the house guards carried it all the way over towards the sea.

Vaemond Velaryon, uncle to Laena Targaryen, had volunteered to be the one to say the final goodbye before her stone casket had been dropped in the ocean. "We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena of House Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King where He will guard her for all the days to come. As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore." King Viserys, Rhaenyra, Alicent, and Dralarys had looked up to face Vaemond and continued on with his words. "Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood." Vaemond had deeply stared at Rhaenyra's children. For some reason... this had angered Dralarys. "Ours runs thick. Ours runs true. Daemon could feel Dralarys's hand tighten around his. "And ours must never thin."

Daemon began to giggle. Dralarys's hand became soft. The tension had broken off from one side to the other.

It was a silent victory for Daemon.

Vaemond continues on. "My gentle niece. May the winds be as strong as your back, your seas calm as your spirit, and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came. To the sea we shall return." Laena Targaryen of House Velaryon had returned back to the sea with her ancestors.

Daemon and Dralarys stared out towards the sea while they leaned against the stone walls by the castle. There were a few others Dralarys had not met at all, but had not bothered to even try. "I never want to go to another Funeral again. Let alone mine." Dralarys breathed out after having to stand for hours at a time, listening to Vaemond's hidden insults with his words. Daemon chuckles, thinking that his niece was funny. "Unless it was yours. Then I'll attend."

Daemon cackles.

Rhaenyra had just finished having her dinner and had come out to speak to Daemon. She eyed him carefully, trying not to make much of a fuss since years ago, it was clear that Daemon and Rhaenyra wanted each other. It was not clear, however, to the eyes of Rhaenyra, if Daemon wanted Dralarys. Dralarys was not a threat of any kind. No. This was an actual Uncle and Niece friendship.

Dralarys chuckles after Daemon does. "Would you attend mine, uncle?"

Daemon nods. "Of course." He got another cup from the servers, handing one to her. "How was your Battle?"

Dralarys wanted to roll her eyes towards the back of her skull if it was possible. "I'd rather not."

"Why not? Winnings in our blood."