16

"Never forget what you are, rest of the world will not. Wear it like an armor and it can never be used to hurt you." -Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones.

Year: 129ac

Location: Winterfell

News had spread that Brandeth Strong, a soldier and a good friend to Cregan Stark, had gone hunting and returned with a baby. No mother in sight for him to return the babe to.

Cregan and Sara had hitched a ride over to Brandeth's farmhouse, away from the town. The farm hardly had any large animals in place. Just fences to keep the chickens from flying off from the property and a few goats along with sheep. It was not winter yet. Sara got off her brother's backside and was instantly greeted by Dralarys. Quickly, they made their way inside. Brandeth was not home.

Sara sat down in a chair by the chimney along with her brother. She began. "Did he say... how?"

Dralarys shook her head while preparing their hot water to drink. A hum followed after. "Not exactly."

Cregan listened.

Sara continued. "So he just found him?"

Dralarys nods. "Yes. He was very... persistent in trying to find traces of foot steps or anything that could have possibly have led to him finding its mother. But the more he searched, the less he could track." The water is being poured into the cups.

Cregan had heard of children being abandoned all the time, including babes, but not out there in the wild. There must have been a good reason for this. One that no one had answers to. "Does he plan on keeping him?"

Dralarys returned back with their warm water, handing it to them. "He wants to continue to search in the area where the babe was found." Dralarys sat down next to Sara, one leg over the other. She did well to hide her pain that happened earlier this morning. Under her eyes looked slightly purple, signifying that she had not slept well. "If he cannot find the mother... he says he wants to keep him."

Cregan raised a brow. "Brandeth? Thee Brandeth Strong wants to keep him?"

Sara defends before Dralarys could reply. "I don't think that it is an awful idea. Some men are just destined to be fathers of children that are not theirs. I mean... think of Dralarys. Our father raised her well." Dralarys lightly smiled, thinking of Rickon Stark. She missed him so much. "What Brandeth needs is support... and training to care for the babe." Sara turns to face Dralarys. "And you as well."

Dralarys raises her brows, trying to play it off like as if she was not the one who have given birth just hours ago. "Me?"

Sara nods. "You spend most of your time here with Brandeth. He will surely be in need of a partner to help raising the babe."

Cregan did not like this idea. "Sara. Brandeth and Dralarys are not courting, let alone give out the idea of her raising a child if she does not want to."

Dralarys interrupts. "It's not that I do not want to... it's that I have never raised a child before, let alone attempted to care for one." First time mothering is indeed terrifying and exciting all at once. Sara was very good with children and babes. "As a good friend of Brandeth's... if he decides to raise this child as his own then who am I to stop him from becoming this child's father? Will he need help, of course." Dralarys looks at Cregan. "Holding your son Rickon for a few hours is one thing... but it's another thing when you have to teach and raise him, things that I cannot do. Besides... One day I might be a mother... so... I think it is best that Sara began to teach me."

Cregan felt a little jealous that not only Dralarys was sharing a home with Brandeth, but was also going to help care for this child, thus, she would spend more time with his friend than with Cregan. "I can help as well."