27

A/N:  I know Cregan Stark live action is different from the fanfic, but I will still imagine my head canon for this. Thanks. Enjoy.

Year: 132ac

Location: Kings Landing

There were only two places Aegon Targaryen, Second of his name, could possibly be hiding in the city if he had not departed from King's Landing just yet.

From a young age, Aegon Targaryen did not desire to be King. Not even remotely think about it ever since his mother had told him of his birthright. But his father, Late King Viserys Targaryen, had reminding the courts that it was his two heirs, Rhaenyra and Dralarys Targaryens, sisters, that would be in line of the throne if one of them were to fall. Aegon would have to outlive them in order to be considered Heir... even with Rhaenyras and Dralarys's children who are included.

Aemond Targaryen, husband of Dralarys Targaryen, needs to find them both. His brother and his wife. Aemond knew that throughout time since her arrival that Aegon had taken quite a liking to Dralarys. Did not matter if she was married to Aemond. It was no secret among the house. Even Helaena Targaryen, Aegon's wife, knew of it, but never spoke up about it. Even with the two children he had with her, he never saw her that way.

The Targaryen Bloodline was never pure to begin with. It was only because of the chaos that lead them to Kings Landing. Refuge. Targaryens never ruled outside of their original home, Old Valyria. They were common folk among other Valyrian people. Their cities and their culture were dying rapidly. The survivors fled across the sea and planted themselves in Westeros.

Thus, the breeding began.

Remain pure.

Only marry within the family.

Keep the Valyrian bloodline alive.

Aemond searched near the Houses of Pleasure. Not even a hint of his smell was there.

If he was not there, he must be in the church. If he was not there, then someone might have caught him.

But time is not a matter in this place.

Aemond knew where to look where others would not.

"Come, Sir Cristen. Let's go."

Dralarys Targaryen wept after holding on for so long to her feelings. No matter how brave she seemed, she was entirely scared within, always.

The gates to leave King's Landing had closed. No guards were letting anyone in or out until further notice.

They were looking for her.

They were looking for Dralarys.

If she were to call out her dragon, it would be only a matter of seconds that she would be exposed and captured.

Too many soldiers walking the streets, trying to make it seem as if nothing was happening.

But something did happen.

The King had died.

And nobody knew.

Twin brothers, Sir Erryk and Arryk, stumbled upon the church where they had seen Alicent Hightower and Aegon Targaryen arrive often ever since he had been a child.

Hungover as ever, the twins found him before Aemond and Sir Criston could ever get to him.

Aegon was drowning in his own sorrows of losing Dralarys. "Where is the White Worm?"

"She sold you for a price."

"And why have you paid it?" Aegon faces them. His breath reeked of alcohol. "I want my mother."