Chapter 1

"Yes mom," Kendall said into the phone that was placed between her ear and shoulder. "Everything's fine here. If you stop calling me every ten minutes I could get more done." She dropped a box on the counter and grabbed the phone with her hand. "I know and I love you too, but I'm twenty-one." Kendall rolled her eyes as she heard Liam start to cry on the baby monitor. "Okay, okay, I love you and I'll call you later. Okay. Bye mom." Hanging up the phone, she inhaled deeply to calm herself down before making her way to Liam's room.

When she opened the door, Liam was standing in his crib. His hair was messy and he rubbed his face. "Aw buddy," she cooed, picking up her son who had his arms outstretched to her. It had been a long day for both of them. Kendall hasn't sat down since they stepped foot into the apartment. The majority of the day was spent unpacking and getting settled. When she reached the kitchen Kendall placed Liam on the floor, letting him walk around and stretch his legs after being cooped up in his crib for a nap.

Kendall picked up her phone when it started to ring on the counter. "Hello?" She answered as she watched Liam toddle around the new apartment.

"Hello, is this Kendall Davis?" A female voice asked on the other end.

"This is she. Can I help you?"

"This is Rebecca calling with the Philadelphia Flyers."

"Hi, how are you?" Kendall followed Liam as he ventured into the living room.

"I'm well, I was hoping to reach you to schedule a quick visit. We'll have you come down to the Wells Fargo Center and we'll give you the grand tour. Sadly, the boys are on a six-day road trip so you won't be able to meet them until later."

Kendall sighed in content. "That's perfectly fine. Is noon tomorrow fine?"

"Sounds good. We'll see you tomorrow then."

"Before you hang up, I just wanted to see if it was okay to bring my son?"

"That's perfectly fine. We look forward to meeting you."

"Thank you so much." Kendall hung up the phone and looked down at Liam who stumbled on his feet before falling back on his bottom. She giggled and knelt down, holding her arms open for him to walk over to her. Liam stumbled into Kendall's arms and she picked him up with ease. "Mommy starts her new job tomorrow!"

Liam giggled and a big smile spread across his chubby, little cheeks. Kendall couldn't help but smile when she saw the missing teeth in his grin. It was hard not think of Brayden when she looked at him. From his face, to his big blue eyes, and his light brown hair. "You look exactly like your daddy." Kendall ran a hand through his soft hair to smooth it out. "Just like Brayden."