Chapter 15

Big thank you to mynameismary_ for the new cover!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Bray, did you pick up the cake?" Kendall asked, poking her head into the master bathroom of her and Brayden's apartment. She ran a hand through her wavy blonde locks while waiting for Brayden's response. "Babe, your parents want us over at their house in half-an-hour. Please tell me you picked up the cake."

"Babe," Brayden shut the water off and wrapped the towel that was hanging over the side of the shower around his waist. "I picked up the cake and dropped it off at my parents' house. Why are you so freaked out?" he asked finally emerging from the bathroom to get some clothes on before getting Liam up from his nap and heading over to his parents' house.

Kendall shrugged her shoulders. "I guess it's the fact that it's Liam's first birthday with everyone and I just want everything to go as smoothly as possible."

"Everything will be perfect, so stop worrying." Brayden said brushing his index finger between the space between her eyebrows. "You know when you worry, you get this crease right here."

"I can't help that I get worked up over every little thing." She said, her voice muffled from being buried in Brayden's bare chest.

"I know, my little worrywart." He chuckled when she playfully pinched his side. "Just worry about getting Liam up and ready. I already took care of everything else."

"Okay," Kendall looked up at Brayden just in time for him to place a gentle kiss on her lips. "Thanks babe,"

"It's what I'm here for." He said before playfully slapping her ass as she went to leave the room earning him a death glare from Kendall.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

When Brayden and Kendall got to his parents' house, Brayden immediately set Liam down and watched as he wobbled his way toward the kitchen before shrill laughter filled their ears.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Luke said walking into view with Liam hanging upside down in his arms.

"Hey man," Brayden greeted his older brother.

"This little guy is awesome. When are you guy going to get him on some skates?"

"I don't know." Brayden said, giving Kendall a sideways glance.

"I know you're giving me that look." Kendall said full on glaring at Brayden.

"I really don't see the big deal." Brayden said as he followed Luke into the kitchen who still had Liam in his arms.

Kendall saw that it was pretty quiet around the house seeing as the guys haven't showed up yet, so she nodded her head toward the screen door that lead out to the backyard.

"Look, I know you really want to start introducing Liam to hockey, but I'm just not ready."

"So this has more to deal with you not ready, not necessarily Liam not being ready." Kendall just looked away, feeling like it was such a stupid reason to have. "Hey," Brayden tilted her head up to look at him. "This is about him growing up isn't it? Babe, he's only two. He's still going to be your baby for – well, forever."

"I know, I just feel like he's growing up so fast. Bray, he's already two! I just want him to stay this age forever."

"I think there's a solution to that."

Kendall tilted her head to the side, her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "And what would that be?"

"I've been thinking about this since we officially got together –" Brayden's blue eyes sparkled as they bore into Kendall's. "I want to have another baby with you."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Kendall busied herself in the kitchen alongside Rita and her mother as some of the guys from the team and Jeff all gathered around the barbeque out on the deck and patio area.

"Are you okay, dear?" Rita asked as she caught Kendall spacing out in the middle of the kitchen.

Kendall gave her a small smile and nodded. "Oh yeah, I'm good! I'm just going to grab some fresh air."

Kendall walked toward the front door as the noise from the backyard slowly faded away. As she stood outside in the warm sunlight, her mind was quickly put to ease. I want to have another baby with you. Brayden's words played through her head like a broken record. She knew that sooner or later something like this was going to come up, but she never thought it would come up this quickly. Liam was already two years old, but she and Brayden had only been officially together for about two months. It wasn't just the short amount of time that they've been together, but the idea of going into labor and going through the pain that came with it that scared her. Kendall was only nineteen when she had Liam and the process was taxing and traumatizing and she didn't think that she could ever go through that ever again. But at the same time, she wanted to be with Brayden and seeing his face light up whenever he was around or playing with Liam just made her heart melt. She lived for the little moments like that.

Rubbing the back of her neck, Kendall let out a deep breath as she toiled over what to tell Brayden.

"Hey babe,"

Kendall turned around seeing Brayden standing in the front doorway with a bottle of beer in hand.

"Hey," she smiled at him as he closed the distance between them and engulfing her in tight hug.

"I didn't mean to scare you like I did. It was just something I wanted to put on the table. You don't have to say anything until you're ready."

"It's not like I don't want to have another baby with you. It's just – the first time wasn't fun and the second time probably isn't going to be any better than the first."

Brayden kissed the crook of Kendall's neck and rubbed small circles on her back to take away some of the tension that'd built up in her muscles.

"I know. I probably shouldn't have brought it up so soon."

"No," Kendall rested her head on Brayden's chest as he continued to hold her. "I'm glad you did. We'd have to talk about it sooner or later."

"Just forget I said anything. We'll take things slow and if it comes up again in the future, we'll hash things out then, okay?"

She nodded and smiled. "Okay,"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

So, I'm really sorry that I haven't posted this chapter when I said I was going to post it. In my head I thought "Hey, I have Easter break coming up, I'll post it then!" Nope! That didn't happen because I got sidetracked on Netflix or sidetracked because I wanted to take a nap. But rest assured, I will finish this story if it's the last thing I do! I have no idea how much longer it's going to be because I'm making this up as I go along so bear with me. Thanks for being patient and understanding!