Chapter 4

When Luke got to Brayden's apartment he saw Brayden sitting on the couch sitting in front of the TV that was off. He took one breath and he grimaced. "Have you been throwing up?"

"It's nice to see you too." Brayden sounded detached from anything that was going on. And he was. He sat facing the floor to ceiling windows, staring out across the city.

"Brayden, what the hell is going on?" Luke walked around the couch and sat on the couch next to his brother.

"Here," he handed Luke the cellphone with the picture of Kendall and Liam already on the screen.

"Wait," Luke flipped back through some pictures. "This isn't your phone."

Brayden nodded. "Do you remember that girl Kendall?"

Luke nodded. "Yeah, the girl you hooked up with two summers ago."

"That's the one." Brayden ran a hand over his face. "She's the reason Kelsey broke up with me. And we just make up and then this happens!"

"Dude," Luke shook his head still staring at the picture of Liam. The smile on Liam's little face pulled on his heartstrings. "He looks exactly like you."

"I know." He shook his head. "I can't believe this is happening right now."

"I'm an uncle." Luke probably shouldn't have been as happy as he was, but the thought of being an uncle was indescribable. "Have you talked to her?"

He shook his head. "I was going to text her."

Luke handed the phone back to Brayden and stood up. It was nearly one in the morning and he was pretty sure Jeska was worried after he ran out of the apartment without telling her where he was going. "I should probably go before Jeska starts freaking out." He stood up and Brayden did the same. "As far as this whole situation is concerned, I know you'll do the right thing."

Brayden didn't say a word as he walked Luke to the door. He felt that familiar nauseous feeling take over his stomach again. "I'll talk to you tomorrow." He closed the door and locked it. Walking back over to the couch, he picked up the phone and sent a text to his phone.

To: (xxx)xxx-xxxx

We need to talk.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

It was two in the morning when Kendall woke up to her phone vibrating on her nightstand. She groaned and picked up the phone and saw it was a text. When she saw it was a text from her number, her eyebrows furrowed together. "What the –" Kendall opened the text and saw the photo of her and Liam on his first birthday attached. She swallowed back the lump that was forming in the back of her throat.

From: (xxx)xxx-xxxx

We need to talk.

"Shit." She cursed under her breath. Kendall was beyond pissed with herself for picking up the wrong phone. The thought of Brayden going through her phone made her blood boil. She may have kept Liam a secret from Brayden for two years but it was with good intention. Brayden was the party boy. That's what he and Kelsey were known for when they were together. Kendall shook her head and texted him back.

To: (xxx)xxx-xxxx

You know where to find me.

Kendall placed the phone back on the nightstand and slammed her head back down on her fluffy pillow. She was going to tell Brayden about Liam on her terms. But now that he knew about Liam, the tables were turned and she didn't like it.